How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 154)

Re: How many goals can we score this season? (106 in 35 games)

Falastur said:
edwrdhor said:
Isn't the modern day record 170 by Barcelona. If this is right we could run them close.

No, it's 190 (it was Barca though)

What people need to remember here is that the two cups we still have much to play of are only going to get harder. Our LC run was very kind to us. Predictions should probably be made on the basis of PL with just a dozen or so cup goals still to come. I'd guess in the 140s, maybe sneak into the 150s.

We'll score more than 34 in the remaining league fixtures, this I'm certain of and on your theory that would take us to 140, we'll easily make 150 and scrape into 160s!!

genuine question, if given the choice watch the football we are doing every week and the goals we are scoring and come second or 1-0 every week and win the league , in years to come we will still talk about this season even if we dont win it,

The target is as many goals as possible. If we don't have any long term injuries, I think this team can break records. I am seriously expecting us to put 10 past someone before long. How many goals can we score in total ? 171

144 sets the record.

I'd like the total to reach 180 just so we can have a darts-announcer shout out the number as the net ripples immediately after the 180th goal.

edwrdhor said:
Isn't the modern day record 170 by Barcelona. If this is right we could run them close.
The two European records are:
Barcelona in 2008-09 scored 158 goals in 62 competitive games.
Barcelona in 2012–13 scored 115 goals in 38 league games.

california blue said:
these records wont mean jack if we dont win anything btw.
Of course.

Barcelona won a La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UEFA Champions League treble on the way to their record in 2008-09.

[Not saying we should be winning a treble or quadrouple or owt, but a season finsihing with FL Cup and Premier League titles will be great!]

dan05delaney said:
Whats the current record for total goals scored in a season across all competitons in the UK?
143 by scum with busby babes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.