How many have seen us beat Arsenal way before tonight ?

God this thread takes me back. 75/76 was my only season that I went to all 42 matches and the Arsenal match was one of our two away wins that year.

We were certainly in the paddock for this match. The one thing that sticks most in my memory for this match is that the team coach pulled into the same services as us on the way home and although none of the players got off we were able to surround the coach giving them a massive ovation.

Travelled to most games that year in a salford van hire with no seats or windows usually with lads from Oldham and Middleton area although I'm from Stockport.

This was also the season of the two trips to Middlesbrough in three days (both defeats).

The only game a missed was the 6-1 against Norwich at Stamford Bridge !

First win at Arsenal for me - I have now seen us win away at all Premier League grounds except Swansea - so hopefully complete the set early next year

Bell-Lee-Summerbee said:
The only game a missed was the 6-1 against Norwich at Stamford Bridge !
Now that brings back memories, 2nd or 3rd replay? Only 6,000 fans in the ground that night.

I was at that one. I thought it was for a push not offside but being in the middle tier I couldn't see a thing. That would have been October 1993 I think. I also went to the 0-3 next year when Rosler was sent off.
petrusha said:
I'm in my forties and first saw a first-team game at Maine Road when I was six - and we hadn't won away to Arsenal in my time as a fan before last night. (My first match was two months after the one shown in the video posted earlier in the thread). Kind of overdue, then!

I did see one at Highbury which ended 0-0 when Niall Quinn had a goal ruled out for offside that wasn't offside. Think it was in 1993/4, because our fans were taking the piss out of David Seaman for his performance in England's crucial defeat in a World Cup qualifier in Holland that effectively kept us out of the 1994 finals (I seem to remember that he took the stick in quite good part, to be fair to him).

No, have been there must be 20 times as well before Tuesday ! (maybe I am the jinx?! lol). Can remember that 3-2 win there in Oct '75 as though it was yesterday, got permission to come down from bedroom to watch it (special treat in those days) as a 10 year old, we wore black shorts that didnt match the sky blue top! Went 3 up Royle, Hartford and glancing header from Marsh, and contrived to throw it away, but hung on for the win, all from memory ha ha! ctwd :-)<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm --<br /><br />forgot to mention, when we won there in 75, the number one song in the charts was Kung Foo Fighting, I'll get me coat (anorak!) lol :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.