How many league goals will Haaland score this season?

Haaland won the penalty at Barca, but Mahrez was on & took it

Sorry, yeah I was forgetting about the friendly. I wouldn’t read too much into that personally. I would be absolutely amazed if Haaland is on the pitch next time we get one in a proper game, if he doesn’t take it.

Haaland’s record is 27 scored, 2 missed.

Mahrez scored 20 missed 8.

I don’t know whether this is just my perception or fact but the more important the penalty, the less confidence I feel in Mahrez also. That Anfield one still hurts.

Haaland has missed an increasing number of games per year through injury in his career so far:

2021-22 he missed 19 games
2020-21 10 games
2019-20 7 games
2018-19 3 games

At 22 Kun scored 27 goals in 41 games for Atléti and in his first season at City when he was 23 he scored 30 goals in 48 games.

Erling is 22, in his first season at City, but he appears more prolific than Kun having scored 41 in 41 in 2020-21 and 29 in 30 in 2021-22.

So I’m going to guess that - with him likely missing, say, a dozen games through injury - I’m going to say he’s going to score 35 goals in 39 games this season.

This feels like a huge jinx thread to me.

I do think he could get past 32 IF HE STAYS FIT because he'll have a big rest while other players are at the world cup.

I'd also say I don't really know how, as a defender, you'd figure this guy out. Mo Salah is the best in the world at starting wide before cutting in on his left. You can stop that by shepherding him down the line or doubling up (to an extent). Haalands physicality and movement is so good that even if you double up you can't really stop him - he'll react faster than any defender 2 or 3 times per game. If a team plays deep, he'll still find space and if they press up he's quicker than 99% of defenders too. He is a real-life version of the terminator.

This feels like a huge jinx thread to me.

I do think he could get past 32 IF HE STAYS FIT because he'll have a big rest while other players are at the world cup.

I'd also say I don't really know how, as a defender, you'd figure this guy out. Mo Salah is the best in the world at starting wide before cutting in on his left. You can stop that by shepherding him down the line or doubling up (to an extent). Haalands physicality and movement is so good that even if you double up you can't really stop him - he'll react faster than any defender 2 or 3 times per game. If a team plays deep, he'll still find space and if they press up he's quicker than 99% of defenders too. He is a real-life version of the terminator.
Great, innit?…

Somebody asked me this question before the season started, I said 28 thinking he might get that at a stretch being his first season with us and our players get used to playing with a striker again. Not to mention Pep's rotation policy. Now I think I've underestimated him and 30+ is well within reach and only going that low because I think he'll be rested before importan Champions League games.

I know it’s very early but you get the feeling around this lad he’s going to be an all time great and eventually be in the Shearer Henry Aguero Kane debate as best there’s been in PL
If I get to watch Aguero for 10 years and then straight after 10 years of this lad I’ll be a very lucky football fan

Yes I know I already am :)

am i the only thinking Dixie Deans record is under threat if Haaland remains uninjured?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.