How many of you are atheists?

I believe in some sort of god (dont like the word God) but maybe a force that exists or once existed, the big bang (if it happened) had to be 'created' somehow, there are too many things that science doesnt explain.
I dont believe in things like Noahs Ark or any organised religion

hilts said:
-nibz- said:
hilts said:
I think the thread title should be who believes in organised religion, a belief in God in itself is not evil or even a hindrance to anyone else, human cruelty is your problem and if all religion disappeared tomorrow this would continue

Belief in God is organised

Expand or don't bother

It's a scam to keep order, and how it lasted this long just sums us up as week minded people.

nimrod said:
I believe in some sort of god (dont like the word God) but maybe a force that exists or once existed, the big bang (if it happened) had to be 'created' somehow, there are too many things that science doesnt explain.

You've confused not currently having the technology to test the explanations we have with not having any explanations.

The Big Bang wasn't created, this is a misunderstanding in terms. The Big Bang was the first moment time existed. The flow of time is the thing that demands causality to exist. Without time there is no need for causality and it's very possible for things to exist without being created.

You've also made the mistake of saying that the Big Bang "must have being created" but following your own logic this means that whatever created that "must have being created", and this line continues on until you get a to a point where you must accept that it is possible for something to not have a creator. Once you've accepted this you can apply the same logic to the Big Bang.

Damocles said:
nimrod said:

You've confused not currently having the technology to test the explanations we have with not having any explanations.

The Big Bang wasn't created, this is a misunderstanding in terms. The Big Bang was the first moment time existed. The flow of time is the thing that demands causality to exist. Without time there is no need for causality and it's very possible for things to exist without being created.

You've also made the mistake of saying that the Big Bang "must have being created" but following your own logic this means that whatever created that "must have being created", and this line continues on until you get a to a point where you must accept that it is possible for something to not have a creator. Once you've accepted this you can apply the same logic to the Big Bang.

Or you could have just said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8roxM1k02g&list=AL94UKMTqg-9C90WSWaUPk3iG5coG76uZh[/youtube]

Wretched Vengeance said:
Damocles said:
nimrod said:

Or you could have just said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8roxM1k02g&list=AL94UKMTqg-9C90WSWaUPk3iG5coG76uZh[/youtube]

that sentence is easy for you to say maybe :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.