How many points to win the league?

I can see it now, United throwing their next games so we win title before they play us and we in response decide no fucking way, we’ll throw ours as well so the derby is the title winning game ... would be funny as fuck (and will never happen)
No big deal if we win it before hand. Can you imagine the announcer “please welcome Manchester United and the premier league champions Manchester City” and the team come out to we are the champions by Queen. City fans with inflatable premier league trophies waving flags and holding banners that say mind the gap. That would be the ultimate piss taking derby and god help any united fan in that stadium.

I'd prefer to lose against Chelsea as I'd like the rags out of the top 4

Please tell me that was said with your tongue firmly in your cheek. I hate the raggies with a passion, but I never want City to lose to anyone, not even if it relegates the rags.............................. well , I will get back to you on that one.

Just has another glance at the table and as it is

City have dropped points in 4 games ( 15 per cent )

Manure in 10 ( 37 per cent )

Liverpool in 12 ( 44 per cent )

Spurs in 12 ( 44 per cent )

Chelsea in 11 ( 41 per cent ).

I am finding it a little difficult to think anyone of them will not drop points in at least two of the final 11 games ( 18 per cent ) given Manure still have to play City away and Liverpool , Chelsea and Arsenal at home. Liverpool have to play Manure away and Chelsea away , Spurs have to play City at home and Chelsea away and Chelsea have to play City away , Spurs at home , Liverpool at home and Manure away.

This combined with the fact Liverpool , Manure , Chelsea and Spurs will drop points in at least one other game and its almost inconceivable that 84 points will not win the league this year.

This leaves us with the question can we gain 12 points from our last 11 games?

Just has another glance at the table and as it is

City have dropped points in 4 games ( 15 per cent )

Manure in 10 ( 37 per cent )

Liverpool in 12 ( 44 per cent )

Spurs in 12 ( 44 per cent )

Chelsea in 11 ( 41 per cent ).

I am finding it a little difficult to think anyone of them will not drop points in at least two of the final 11 games ( 18 per cent ) given Manure still have to play City away and Liverpool , Chelsea and Arsenal at home. Liverpool have to play Manure away and Chelsea away , Spurs have to play City at home and Chelsea away and Chelsea have to play City away , Spurs at home , Liverpool at home and Manure away.

This combined with the fact Liverpool , Manure , Chelsea and Spurs will drop points in at least one other game and its almost inconceivable that 84 points will not win the league this year.

This leaves us with the question can we gain 12 points from our last 11 games?

Of course we will.

The title will be all over in the next 6 games.

BTW Chelsea got 93 points last season only losing 5 and drawing 3. I believe the winner this season will have to do better still this season. 97 points will probably be required to win the title this season.

No way will 97 points be needed. I think 91 tops will be needed, and I expect it to be less than that.

Don't forget they had 93 points but only 87 were needed to win the title.

Chelsea and Utd will win game after game with less draws than defeats. Mark my words, you will need 97 points to win the title this season.

Don't see that continuing once the schedule picks up and injuries start to happen. But I've gone ahead and bookmarked your words ;)

Just going to leave this here...granted it was from right before we beat Chelsea at the Bridge...but still :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.