How many points to win the league?

3 would be great, 1 will be fine, simply because that is 2 that they can't get, not that they are a threat anyway.

We keep agreeing with each other cleavers. You will be a trump fan next.

I look at it that there are 16 matches to go, and City need to lose 5 to restore parity as of now, and that requires the next team to win all 5.
After that, you'd assume that every team will drop 4 points at least in those 15-16 matches, meaning City need to lose another 2 (at least).

So 7 defeats in 16 matches to even open the door.

If we win 8 of our remaining 16 games I can assure you we will be champions.

If we win 8 of our remaining 16 games I can assure you we will be champions.

I agree with that now. Chelsea drawing yesterday was big.

We have 8 very winnable home fixtures.

I want this tied up asap so winning 4 of our next 5. Will mean we can play stronger teams in the cup competitions.

our hardest games now are

Burnley away
Arsenal Away
Chelsea at home
Everton away (another ground where we struggle)
Utd (Home)
Spurs (away)

If the unthinkable happened and we lost all those games...that would be 18 pts down....we are 15 ahead at present (probably 12 by tomorrow night as no way stoke will take points off utd at Old Toilet)

Of course we could win quite a few of those and the bigger picture is that Chelsea, Utd Spurs Liverpool will all take points off of each other at some point as well.

The league is far from over and we cannot be complacent....the media have trying to drive this narrative for weeks now that the league is done but thats only so they can set up a title race/city collapse if teams do start to crawl back points on us.....

The thing that worries me is the injuries.....they are coming in abundance and combine this with the situation of David Silva then our squad is starting to look very thin....no left back now for a while (except Danilo) which means no cover for Walker either......Sergio looking only 3/4's fit and Jesus out for a other 2-3 weeks.....

No rest for Dihno as well is really worrying.

We do need a couple of players in this transfer window.....Sanchez would slot straight in as he knows Peps system but any other players would have to take time to adapt and time for Pep to work with them

as it stand the maximum we can get is 107 points...for us to reach 100 pts we either need to lose 2 game or draw 2 and lose 1 from now on...i think it s a big challenge if we take account that will have to play rags and chelsea home and spurs / arsenal away because this four ar the hardest remaining games from now on

Home games remaining Away games remaining

Newcastle Stoke
WBA Arsenal
Huddersfield Everton
Brighton Spurs
Chelsea WHU
Rags Saints
Swansea Burnley
Leicester

I don t think it s beyond fantasy that we may take 38 or even pts from this 15 games ...that will mean to go either 12-2-1 or 13-0-2 or 14-0-1
it s important to see how the team responds vs newcastle but i m confident we can do it

our hardest games now are

Burnley away
Arsenal Away
Chelsea at home
Everton away (another ground where we struggle)
Utd (Home)
Spurs (away)

If the unthinkable happened and we lost all those games...that would be 18 pts down....we are 15 ahead at present (probably 12 by tomorrow night as no way stoke will take points off utd at Old Toilet)

Of course we could win quite a few of those and the bigger picture is that Chelsea, Utd Spurs Liverpool will all take points off of each other at some point as well.

The league is far from over and we cannot be complacent....the media have trying to drive this narrative for weeks now that the league is done but thats only so they can set up a title race/city collapse if teams do start to crawl back points on us.....

The thing that worries me is the injuries.....they are coming in abundance and combine this with the situation of David Silva then our squad is starting to look very thin....no left back now for a while (except Danilo) which means no cover for Walker either......Sergio looking only 3/4's fit and Jesus out for a other 2-3 weeks.....

No rest for Dihno as well is really worrying.

We do need a couple of players in this transfer window.....Sanchez would slot straight in as he knows Peps system but any other players would have to take time to adapt and time for Pep to work with them

Also worryingly is we haven't played that we'l for a few weeks and stumbled across the line in a lot of league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.