How many points to win the league?

I'll guarantee in some parts of the media it would be "City implode but just abt get home"
And I acceept that our current points total and form is historic and that that amount of dropped points (15 say) from here wouldn't necessarily NOT be title winning form, but if we 'reverted' for lack of a better word to that after the level we've shown this season for so long then something may have gone "wrong", no?

It's a hypothetical obviously but that was the crux of it.

In my opinion, the following 11 games we should be winning:

Newcastle (H)
WBrom (H)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Stoke (A)
Brighton (H)
Everton (A)
Swansea (H)
WHam (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Southampton(A)

That would take us to 95 points, which mathematically are the maximum amount of points the rags could get out of the remaining games if they won everything (?). So 33 points there, and then we would need 1 point from the following:

Arsenal(A)
Chelsea(H)
Rags(H)
Spurs(A)

Considering the other teams all need to play each other obviously, and it would need one of them to go on a City style crazy run of wins, i think we should be OK.

And I acceept that our current points total and form is historic and that that amount of dropped points (15 say) from here wouldn't necessarily NOT be title winning form, but if we 'reverted' for lack of a better word to that after the level we've shown this season for so long then something may have gone "wrong", no?

It's a hypothetical obviously but that was the crux of it.
I knew what you were getting at.

Would you not think if we dropped, say around 15/16 points from here until the end of the season that the club's review/some supporters of the squad, summer spending etc would change?

Or would winning the league by any amount, regardless of our current position, "satisfy" enough? Obviously winning the title is just that, and I prefixes it all by saying that but surely a huge drop off, if it happened, couldn't go unnoticed?
I think I’ve been fairly clear.

To get to 85 points which is usually enough, we need 1.8 points and united 2.3 so it would take relegation form to stop us now

93 points will be enough, as we will beat the Rags at our place so they could only get 92pts even if they win every other game they have. I'll settle for 3 more points against Newcastle to start with then wins at Bristol & Cardiff before another 3pts against West Brom.
Come on the Blues.

As others have said relegation form will be the only reason we lose it and we have a lot of games left versus sides we should beat easily.

United will do well to win 10 of the remaining 15 in my opinion. They haven’t shown anything like the consistency required to get near us and have dropped points against sides we’ve blown away. Next 2 games for both are very interesting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.