How many points to win the league?

If this was golf the other player would concede.
If the Rags get to 90 points and finish second then good luck to them. It will have been one hell of a season. I reckon we will win the league by 20 point plus by April.

IZukHMi_d.jpg

Shearer said "The title race is over. Forget it. City have only lost two league games in 2017. They're not losing five in the second half of the season"

Great stat that is!

I think at this point it is all about keeping the team happy, rotated but gelled and working hard for each other. Ideally, we will win the League Cup, and get that first piece of silverware that gets the monkey off Pep’s back. Then, for that rest of the season, it is about how good do the players want to be? What kind of history do they want to write?

Hopefully, by the time the CL comes back around, we will have EARNED THE RIGHT to rotate the squad and yet still field a strong team, growing in experience. Too bad for Foden that he got an injury right when he might have seen more game time, but I was also impressed by the other lads that came on. Nmecha had one sprint that made the opponent look like he was wearing wellies!

Obviously, one point does it (Thanks, Jimharri, your taxi is here!), but from here it isall about making statements by both the way we play and the manner in which we conduct ourselves. There will be a large group of players for whom this season will bring their first serious trophies, so I hope we can conduct ourselves with the grace of professionals who act like they’ve been there before, and deserve it! Sure, there may be some celebrations, but I hope we don’t turn into smug cnuts with punchable faces if we do grab a few pots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.