How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dippers can finish on 101 City 98

I think it's going to be very tight and it will come to GD again both will finish on 90pts
For us that is:
2 defeats and a draw
...from 12 games

For Liverpool that is:
1 defeat and 4 draws, or
3 defeats and a draw
...from 13 games.

I don't think either team can get exactly 90 any other way.

The 2nd place team rarely gets anywhere near 90 points. Last year Rags got 81. Spurs got 86 the year before. In 2016 Leicester won the league with 81 and Arsenal came second with 71 points!

Whoever comes second this year will likely set a record for points without winning it.

I think prior to last season the record points total to win the league was 95 points, it is feasible that whoever finishes 2nd this year could achieve this number.

I think prior to last season the record points total to win the league was 95 points, it is feasible that whoever finishes 2nd this year could achieve this number.

Feasible but unlikely I would say now. I can see at least one more loss for us and a draw or two. I think we will finish on about 91 points. Whether that’s enough remains to be seen.

I hope Liverpools recent form is indicative of things to come but I'm not so sure. As far as I'm concerned there is still no slack in the system for us. If they get a couple of good victories then that provides them with a big lift going forward. For us, we just need to keep plugging away and tick the games off. One thing in our favour is the squad, but the whole squad needs to perform when called on. I think one more poor result and that could be it, so mid nineties for me.

I hope Liverpools recent form is indicative of things to come but I'm not so sure. As far as I'm concerned there is still no slack in the system for us. If they get a couple of good victories then that provides them with a big lift going forward. For us, we just need to keep plugging away and tick the games off. One thing in our favour is the squad, but the whole squad needs to perform when called on. I think one more poor result and that could be it, so mid nineties for me.
We've recently become the favorites among betters - who simply want to earn money and are thus remarkably good at predicting outcomes.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

With the deeper squad - we're in good position to win the title - but it's gonna be very close.

Something north of 95 to win the league this year.

How many players are still here that played in the first two premier league title wins? Last season was a walkover in the end so experience in a fight to the end may need help from the older players.
Vinny, Aguero, Silva still here from 2011/12.
Add in Dinho from 2013/14.

It shows how high the standard has been this year, that even after our cock-ups in December, and Liverpool's recent bottling ... they could still (in theory) get the highest total of points in the history of English football, and we could still get a total only bettered once ever (ie: by us last season).

Meanwhile Spurs have one of the best points totals in their history, and are rank outsiders at 20-1.

It shows how high the standard has been this year, that even after our cock-ups in December, and Liverpool's recent bottling ... they could still (in theory) get the highest total of points in the history of English football, and we could still get a total only bettered once ever (ie: by us last season).

Meanwhile Spurs have one of the best points totals in their history, and are rank outsiders at 20-1.
Spurs are 20/1 because they're bottling shitebags, it's got nothing to do with their points total.

I said 94, but the reality is 1 more than whichever of Liverpool or Spurs gets the most points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.