How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a lot of points are going to be required to win the league.

Trouble is, the league will be won with points equal to the 2nd place finisher with better goal difference - or one point better than 2nd place finisher.

So the correct answer to this question depends upon how many points the 2nd place finisher ends up with.

My guess - is 95 or 96 to win the league.

Last edited:
Liverpool had a nice little holiday in Dubai came back and dropped points , they are now off to Marbella for ten days before the Rag game , perhaps we can have a whip round to send the Dippers to warmer climes every time they have a free weekend , at this rate we will only need around 95 points , but at least the Dippers will have a small advantage , think of all the air miles Klippety and his merry men are clocking up.

Liverpool had a nice little holiday in Dubai came back and dropped points , they are now off to Marbella for ten days before the Rag game , perhaps we can have a whip round to send the Dippers to warmer climes every time they have a free weekend , at this rate we will only need around 95 points , but at least the Dippers will have a small advantage , think of all the air miles Klippety and his merry men are clocking up.

Rests between games are over stated for me. Liverpool are having to wait for nail biting games for two weeks while we’re playing every few days. We’ve got the squad to do it so they can have their shitty little breaks.

Come on United. Come on Everton.

91 or 92. Was the previous record points total 95 before last season ? Would be fvcking amazing to beat that again.

We can get 98 and I reckon we’ll need at least 93 to win it. Very little margin for error now

Wonder if all these breaks are to try and combat tiredness, I'm sure the 250 (seemed like that many) pre-season friendlies are taking their toll?

The back end of their season is pretty easy. It’s the next 6/7 where points will be lost. The key game is then having to play Spurs before we do.

Their next 8 games

United away
Watford home
Everton away
Burnley home
Fulham away
Spurs home
Southampton away
Chelsea at home.

Our next 7 to be level on games, assuming United will be rearranged to later in the season

West Ham H
Bournemouth A
Watford H
Fulham A
Cardiff H
Palace A
Spurs H

Spurs have Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in next 7 so tough for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.