How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or would you have taken being 19 points clear and the title won by now after needless defeats against United and Leeds?

In theory City could have put out the EDS team for the last 6 games and rested every first team player during that period.

Now the 1st team players will have to bust a gut against Dortmund, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, Palace, and Bayern or PSG.

Like every City fan I would love City to do the quadruple. No other English club has ever done that. Not the Rags. Not the Dippers. But I don't think City can do it.

I don't own the club. I don't crave the CL like Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, Pep, and the English football media do. I crave another PL title. Like the vast majority of City fans do. And I don't want a 5th PL title jeopardised by team selections and rotations to accommodate a CL QF win. With no guarantee of a semi-final win against Bayern or PSG.

The PL title should have been won by now. When United beat Burnley, that will be a 9 point swing in United's favour. A 17 point lead drops to a 8 point lead.

People keep on saying United will slip up in their remaining PL games. I sincerely hope they are right. People keep on saying City will win their remaining PL games sandwiched in-between CL, FA Cup, and Carabao Cup games. Once again, I sincerely hope they are right. What do I know? Because if those people aren't right, and the Rags go on to win the PL title, no matter how far fetched those people still think that outcome is, we, City fans, will never live it down, after City blew a 17 point lead against the Rags, and the PL title was within City's grasp.

On a lighter note. I fully expect a torrent of abuse after posting this.

Good night. :-)
Exactly

Or would you have taken being 19 points clear and the title won by now after needless defeats against United and Leeds?

In theory City could have put out the EDS team for the last 6 games and rested every first team player during that period.

Now the 1st team players will have to bust a gut against Dortmund, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, Palace, and Bayern or PSG.

Like every City fan I would love City to do the quadruple. No other English club has ever done that. Not the Rags. Not the Dippers. But I don't think City can do it.

I don't own the club. I don't crave the CL like Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, Pep, and the English football media do. I crave another PL title. Like the vast majority of City fans do. And I don't want a 5th PL title jeopardised by team selections and rotations to accommodate a CL QF win. With no guarantee of a semi-final win against Bayern or PSG.

The PL title should have been won by now. When United beat Burnley, that will be a 9 point swing in United's favour. A 17 point lead drops to a 8 point lead.

People keep on saying United will slip up in their remaining PL games. I sincerely hope they are right. People keep on saying City will win their remaining PL games sandwiched in-between CL, FA Cup, and Carabao Cup games. Once again, I sincerely hope they are right. What do I know? Because if those people aren't right, and the Rags go on to win the PL title, no matter how far fetched those people still think that outcome is, we, City fans, will never live it down, after City blew a 17 point lead against the Rags, and the PL title was within City's grasp.

Yeah I have to say I think the majority of that post is nonsense but goodnight to you too!

No abuse, but do you not see the irony in wanting the league done by now so we could rest players for the cups, and being uneasy that we haven't won it quite yet, because we rested players for a cup game?

‘Never live it down ?’
like when we was relegated as champions in the 30’s?

and that’s just the start of the things we have fu*ked up !

ITS DONE!

yes they may be some pressure before now and the end of the season but it’s over , relax
Concentrate on the cups
No matter how many points we win it by doesn’t matter !

it’s done

Pep would have gladly traded 3 pts against Leeds for a CL SF. Now, he has to do the second part!

Max highest points against us is 84, by Utd. We have 74, with a +17GD.

In reality, we need 10pts. 3 wins & a draw, from 6 games IF Utd go 7 for 7 from here.

Burnley
Leeds
Liverpool
Villa
Leicester
Fulham
Wolves

I see the potential for losses or at least a couple of draws.

Let’s go with 1 of each, which means they get 16 out of 21pts, for a total of 79pts.

That means we need 5 points from 6 games. 2 wins does it. 1 win and 2 draws does it. Hell, we could not win another game all season, but only lose 1 and I think we would STILL win the PL!

Our run in:

Villa
Palace
Chelsea
Newcastle
Brighton
Everton

Certainly no “gimmes,” but are there 2 wins in there? 3 wins? 2 wins and a draw or two? 5 draws?

It is ABSOLUTELY NOT DONE, but to believe our SQUAD can’t pull 10pts from 18pts, or 7pts if United lose 1 game, or 2 wins and 2 draws if they only draw 1 game, suggests a collapse the likes of which we have never seen before!

I don’t think United go 7 for 7 and get 84pts. Rather, I think it’s a race to 80pts, possibly 81pts...and we should be able to do that playing ANYONE in the first team squad!

26DNfM7rVGs3dgYpi.gif

Flap flap flap.
Some of these posts are absolute gold.
It's almost like we're 10 points behind the red mardarses the way some are going on.
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!
We can even afford a couple more slip ups. Why everyone suddenly thinks that the rags are this machine baffles me.
Go look at their last 15 games and compare them to ours.
FFS.

The rags don't think they have a chance.
The broadcasters and journalists don't think they have a chance.
The neutrals don't think they have a chance.
The bookies don't think they have a (realistic) chance.
The only people who think that we might not win it are City fans.
..... and there lies the difference between us and them.

Can you imagine how ridiculous the rags must have felt after losing out on the title that season?

A few red faces I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.