How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more likely we hit 90 pts (perhaps draw Chelsea), than United hitting 80 (they have Liverpool and Leicester).

Liverpool finishing outside of the CL places is more important than when we win the league, I think, but I'd happily have a draw.

Either a rag win or a draw for me, we can't stop the rags getting 2nd but we can enjoy the bin dippers not getting CL and the financial implications it brings for them.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but winning like 15 or so league games in a row is abnormal.

The biggest issue we will have is when Pep leaves, because he has normalized things like that being possible.

Some of the top teams may have hit form later (Chelsea) or only earlier (Tottenham) for sure, and I do expect a better challenge next season, but we had to have an unbelievable run in this season that was the decider.
FWIW, assuming we win the title this season that'd be 3 titles under Pep that have included some crazy winning streak along the way (Once early season, once late season, and once mid season funnily enough). It's also the kind of thing he achieved at his previous clubs. That's enough to suggest that barring disaster a very strong and lengthy run of form can be expected under Pep.

I do agree though that post-Pep we should see some return to reality.

I know its hindsight but looking at Leeds and United today, its crazy how we dropped so many points against them this season.
Leeds results may be due to having our eye off the ball and a weakened first 11.
In the end the 5 dropped against United will not prove costly but it just goes to show you have to be up for it against certain opponents.
There was a time this season that I was hoping United would beat Liverpool on their head to heads.

Just like when we were shit we used to beat them more than we should’ve...now it’s their cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.