How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will work out well for us. We will probably go to London from Paris and rest there - it's closer than Manchester I guess.

Even if we'd had a hard game, we have better players than Palace and they are safe with nothing to play for. I can't see Hodgson being there next season either so they will be thinking about booking holidays rather than wanting to be chasing us all day. I think we will win the game no problem.

I've never had United down as a title challenger as they are a million miles away from us. They are also in 2nd place as quite simply, someone has to be 2nd! Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs had poor seasons. They will be back to 6th next year, don't worry about it. I am really pleased they are 2nd and potentially could be in the Europa final as there's no way you can sack Ole after that. It keeps a substandard manager with one tactic in place. The fans won't clamour for their legend to be sacked, the Glazers get him on the cheap and he's no chance of winning the title - perfect for us.

Liverpool will be up for the game and they will have to win it to have any hope of CL football next year. They have too much for United and I just don't see United getting anything from the game. They will likely lose and the title will be ours. It will be a perfect boost going into the PSG game with the Carabao Cup and PL in the bag.

Where are all those "rags will defo get maximum points" experts? :)

A draw at the swamp would be bad for both utd and buswreckers.

Utd will only care to defend 2nd in the table
and will concentrate on EL glory. Tough job considering they've become experts in bottling semis...

If we'd turned up against United a few weeks ago, and beaten that shower of shite, we'd have gone into the final as PL champions as we'd have won it yesterday after United's draw at Leeds.
That's very true and it frustrates the hell out of me this blind spot the boss has when playing united. I honestly think he's overawed by them.

However, we're talking first world problems here I suppose.
We're just about to win our 5th title in 9 years, with 2x fa cups, and 6x league cups thrown in plus a few community shields and we're in the CL semis.

It's not been a bad old decade over all

(Id still love Pep to really batter united one time though)

manchester uniteds greatest rival is Manchester city .

liverpool might be their big rival outside the manchester area... dublin,bristol,maidnehead...... but not where i grew up. The liverpool v man u game was never metioned when i was growing up in the 70s and 80s
It’s a media rivalry. Their boardrooms, and apparently now their owners, are the best mates that two clubs’ boardrooms could possibly be in football. Brothers in arms those two clubs.

Together, and probably spearheading it all together, United and Liverpool were two of the original 5 who wanted 75% of the TV money before the Prem started. They were two clubs at the heart of the formation of the G14 who extended CL qualifying places to drop down to wherever Liverpool were fading away to. They were two clubs at the heart of the Project Big Picture and the European Super League.

Together they’ve got the media in their pockets. They use the media, and the media use them, to promote United v Liverpool as the big English rivalry. They do it to make themselves look good no matter if they’re 6th and 8th like they were one year recently, keeping each other relevant, and keeping that TV money and sponsors coming in.

You see pictures of Gill and Parry together as well as the Glazers and Henry together.

It’s like the two clubs are in a relationship and they pretend to be big rivals and soup up arguments like some reality TV show would.

In reality, before the 1980s, Liverpool and United were no bigger a rivalry than City and Leeds, City v Everton, City v Liverpool... local-ish rivals, but nothing more.

City have had the same number of title challenges with Liverpool and United respectively as they have each other. So it’s not even like they are big title rivals from history always competing together. Their times as successful clubs have almost never overlapped.

If we'd turned up against United a few weeks ago, and beaten that shower of shite, we'd have gone into the final as PL champions as we'd have won it yesterday after United's draw at Leeds.
Not only that we could have fielded a stronger team against Chelsea in FA Cup and we could have been in final of FA Cup and if nit quadruple, domestic treble was there for taking easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.