How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four more wins and it's pretty much in the bag. Puts us on 74pts and 61pts is the most that 2nd would have if we do that. 8 games left with a 13pt gap.

We got 12pts from our first 8 games.
3 wins - Wolves, Arsenal, Shef Utd
3 draws - Leeds, West Ham, Liverpool
2 losses - Leicester, Spurs

It's not over yet!

Are you sure you’re not confusing it with two years later?

We had about three games in hand over Littlewoods, IIRC.

The table looked like this on 20th April 2014

Liverpool P35 Pts 80
Chelsea P35 Pts 75
City P33 pts 71

Because of the Gerrard slip its often forgotten that Chelsea were equally as guilty as Liverpool of throwing the league that season. They lost at home to Sunderland and drew with Norwich in their last four games and only finished 4 points behind us.

The table looked like this on 20th April 2014

Liverpool P35 Pts 80
Chelsea P35 Pts 75
City P33 pts 71

Because of the Gerrard slip its often forgotten that Chelsea were equally as guilty as Liverpool of throwing the league that season. They lost at home to Sunderland and drew with Norwich in their last four games and only finished 4 points behind us.
I remember leaving the rearranged Sunderland home game after scraping a 2-2 with Nasri getting a late equaliser thinking the title had long gone.

Then 5 wins and a sprinkle of Gerrard and a dollop of Palace and bingo.

Are you sure you’re not confusing it with two years later?

We had about three games in hand over Littlewoods, IIRC.
I think the derby was shifted back a few weeks because of the cup, so it always felt like we had one "in hand" that we needed to win. On reflection, though, United should probably be thankful we won it the way we did that season because I think it covers what was a hell of a collapse. The Everton game in particular was absolutely bonkers, and not getting a shot on target in their game against us was pretty shameful. It wouldn't compare to City losing it from here, though - if we lost it from here it will be the worst collapse in history.

I think the derby was shifted back a few weeks because of the cup, so it always felt like we had one "in hand" that we needed to win. On reflection, though, United should probably be thankful we won it the way we did that season because I think it covers what was a hell of a collapse. The Everton game in particular was absolutely bonkers, and not getting a shot on target in their game against us was pretty shameful. It wouldn't compare to City losing it from here, though - if we lost it from here it will be the worst collapse in history.
No question.

And as much as I hate getting too far ahead of myself, even I can’t see us fucking it up from here.

Pep's not going to let that happen.

We’re scoring more goals and conceding less than any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.