How many tickets from the Wigan allocation remain unsold?

Wigan is a small Rugby town with a population of approximately 80000, if they take 20,000 to Wembley that's 25% of the population which is quite impressive.
The FA has got the pricing and allocations wrong, if we all didn't buy the £115 tickets maybe that would have made these greedy morons think.

Just to offer some clarification.

We have sold out the £45 and £65 tickets. All £85 tickets in the upper tier were sold until an extra block mysteriously went on sale. We have sold out the upper tier from 502-524. The upper tier will be full.

Wigan fans aren't as well off as most fans, so the cheap tickets went first. However we did sell out of the £115 tickets before we got an extra block. My understanding is they are nearly sold. The £85 tickets haven't sold as well and most of the empties will be in the lower tier. Not sure how many it is. But the club started with 21k, and got an extra 2.5k. At the time, the local press said the 21k had nearly all sold and the extra 2.5k were expected to sell.

My guess is 21-22k sold. Which is more than the semi, although we returned 10k of the 32k, there is no way we had sold 22k.

Enjoy the day, have a safe trip.

As someone who can't afford £115 I certainly won't be criticising Wigan fans for not selling out their allocation. The F.A. Seem to be doing everything they can to ruin the F.A. Cup.

de niro said:
Q-Blue said:
This game should have been played at Old Trafford.
50k tickets to us 25k to Wigan
No need for 115 quid tickets.
All proceeds stay in the North West
Everybody gets home at a reasonable time without a ridiculous expense.
They could have then had anytime kick off. Could even have been 8pm.

Win-Win situation all round apart from Wembley plc, but they've needed fucking off for a while.

correct.

Bollox, and line the pockets of the rags-behave.

blueste41 said:
de niro said:
Q-Blue said:

Win-Win situation all round apart from Wembley plc, but they've needed fucking off for a while.

correct.

Bollox, and line the pockets of the rags-behave.

The Moon should be called Uranus.

bluestevei said:
ive heard that the champs final, the tickets aint as much as the fa cup tickets

Not true. They are way way more expensive. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/final/tickets/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html</a>

Q-Blue said:

I wouldn't be happy whatsoever if we had to play the FA Cup final at Old Trafford. The final is all about Wembley and the day out. There wouldn't be anything special about going to Old Trafford for a final.

Don't believe any of that "little Wigan" bollox.

I am a City fan that has lived in various WN (Wigan) postcodes all my life.

There are over 315000 residents in Wigan Borough - see <a class="postlink" href="http://m.wigantoday.net/news/local-news/population-hits-new-high-1-4747286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.wigantoday.net/news/local-news ... -1-4747286</a>

awfc_8 said:
Wigan fans aren't as well off as most fans, so the cheap tickets went first.

Codswallop.

You only watch 'em cos they give out so many freebies.

It's a Rugby League town and next year when you languish mid-table in the Chumpionship with a Shiite manager with crowds of 10, 000, you will find out the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.