How many times you been Anfield and not seen us win?

no segregation on the anny road end in the 70's was an experience
That match in 76/77 when we lost 2-1 and finished runners-up to them was mad on the terrace, there was a section of scousers at the front then a chunk of City behind them where I was, more scousers behind and then City at the back of the terrace. Total mayhem.

Probably about 10 times in total. Never seen us win and only a couple of draws. Was there for the 3-2 defeat in the Gerrard slip season. That one really hurt at the time. Loads of Irish Dippers in our faces outside the back of the stand singing "We're going to win the league".

Going tomorrow so hopefully I'll break my personal duck

Only ever been once and we won 2-1. If someone wants to give me a ticket tomorrow I’m more than happy to attend on behalf of all city fans.

no segregation on the anny road end in the 70's was an experience

Wasn't it just? We'd be in the paddock, as I remember, and there was no way of getting back to town without walking past the Kop end. Kids'd stand around outside in groups, casually like, and just ask you the time as you went past. As if they didn't know the fucking time! It was in your interest to keep your mouth shut. Their radars were on for the Manc accent, of course.
I'd have been alright, mind, being a Bloody Southerner. Mind you, they'd probably have beaten me up just for good measure. City fans would have piled on, too.
I've posted this on here before, but I was in a football special out of Lime Street that was bombarded with breezeblocks being hurled down from the first bridge after the station. Made a thunderous sound on the roof, but luckily none came through.
I'm not making this stuff up. Anfield was a hell hole in those years, a massive kennel for rabid dogs. I've talked about it with supporters of other clubs, and everyone agrees.
Elland Rd was a place where you had to watch your back, too.

Wasn't it just? We'd be in the paddock, as I remember, and there was no way of getting back to town without walking past the Kop end. Kids'd stand around outside in groups, casually like, and just ask you the time as you went past. As if they didn't know the fucking time! It was in your interest to keep your mouth shut. Their radars were on for the Manc accent, of course.
I'd have been alright, mind, being a Bloody Southerner. Mind you, they'd probably have beaten me up just for good measure. City fans would have piled on, too.
I've posted this on here before, but I was in a football special out of Lime Street that was bombarded with breezeblocks being hurled down from the first bridge after the station. Made a thunderous sound on the roof, but luckily none came through.
I'm not making this stuff up. Anfield was a hell hole in those years, a massive kennel for rabid dogs. I've talked about it with supporters of other clubs, and everyone agrees.
Elland Rd was a place where you had to watch your back, too.
feral cunts mate.......robbing, stabbing and slashing

It's not their fault though....bless 'em

I mean like we ever did owt like that......................

I was there for the Alan Ball league cup game.

A really dull 1-0 I think under Keegan.

A midweek defeat under Pearce but can’t remember the score

And the game when it had come out Sven might be getting sacked…we don’t need no Phil Scolari

Id have to sit and count but maybe 10/11 ish.
Seen the joy of going one nil up by a hinchcliffe deflected free kick , quinn scoring a last min equalising header. David white scoring his second brace v liverpool in the same season, hammered 6-0 in a mid week cup game. The dirty cunts winning 3-2 (slippy g year) and them thinking theyd bagged the league, but no, never a win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.