How much Big Six clubs have earned by selling academy players

I'm not sure why selling Sancho after 0 senior games for £9m is seen as a success, when 15 games into his Dortmund career, people are already expecting him to go for 5-10x that amount in the next year.

I'm not sure why selling Sancho after 0 senior games for £9m is seen as a success, when 15 games into his Dortmund career, people are already expecting him to go for 5-10x that amount in the next year.

I don't believe anyone is claiming it as a success.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....l/news/revealed-how-much-big-six-13429405.amp
According to the article in The Mirror money earnt as follows:

Players with 10 or fewer first team appearances
  • Arsenal - £11,640,000
  • Chelsea - £6,550,851
  • Liverpool - £3,310,000
  • Manchester City - £70,672,876
  • Manchester United - £9,752,000
  • Tottenham Hotspur - £11,788,527
Grand total - £113,714,254

Players with No senior appearances
  • Arsenal - £6,800,000
  • Chelsea - £3,040,000
  • Liverpool - £360,000
  • Manchester City - £44,472,876
  • Manchester United - £7,122,000
  • Tottenham Hotspur - £3,038,527
Grand total - £64,833,403

Pretty big profits from the Academy but it’s all estimates of course.

This surely has to be a misprint. The world-famous MANUre Carrington Academy? It's gotta be £700m if it's a penny. They made a bomb on Machedo, Janusjai (sp) and the guy that played a bit for Real Crewe and then Wigan Athletico. They funded the Poogba deal and had squillions left over.

This surely has to be a misprint. The world-famous MANUre Carrington Academy? It's gotta be £700m if it's a penny. They made a bomb on Machedo, Janusjai (sp) and the guy that played a bit for Real Crewe and then Wigan Athletico. They funded the Poogba deal and had squillions left over.
I thought fake shirt sales in Asia funded the dabbing donkey deal.

The cash cow would be much more effective if we played the kids before selling them.

5 league starts took Zinchenko from £1.8m signing to wgetting £18m bids from Wolves & Napoli.

7 league starts took Iheanacho from almost free to £25m - with clauses stacked massively in our favour.

If Celina had played a few more games for us, he'd have gone for 3x as much as the £3m we got, Dilrosun went for free and is now doing brilliantly in Germany, he could have gone for £5-10m if he'd had those 3 or 4 great games in a City shirt before leaving instead of after.

Who knows what Brandon Barker or Jack Byrne would have gone for if they'd just had a couple of appearances when they were excelling at youth level.

That's one of the things which annoys me - if we played them just a couple of times, not only would the kids get their chance, which some of them might take, but the "cash cow" would produce much much more money.

The cash cow would be much more effective if we played the kids before selling them.

5 league starts took Zinchenko from £1.8m signing to wgetting £18m bids from Wolves & Napoli.

7 league starts took Iheanacho from almost free to £25m - with clauses stacked massively in our favour.

If Celina had played a few more games for us, he'd have gone for 3x as much as the £3m we got, Dilrosun went for free and is now doing brilliantly in Germany, he could have gone for £5-10m if he'd had those 3 or 4 great games in a City shirt before leaving instead of after.

Who knows what Brandon Barker or Jack Byrne would have gone for if they'd just had a couple of appearances when they were excelling at youth level.

That's one of the things which annoys me - if we played them just a couple of times, not only would the kids get their chance, which some of them might take, but the "cash cow" would produce much much more money.

Pointless, Dom. People will just say that throwing in Dilrosun in a random league cup game against lower opposition is a risk to the season and the world will come crashing down, despite being surrounded by several of the best players in the world in their position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.