How much did Mancini get wrong?

CTID101 said:
Mancini did nothing wrong tonight. It was just the players.

He took off Dzeko for Nige as we were getting swamped in midfield and we would have lost about 6-0 had Nige not come on.

Milner for Nasri was the right decision because Nasri again was the invisible man (please get back to Spud's performance)

Kolarov for Barry was again not a bad choice or a good choice.

The players could have performed alot better than they did tonight but Bayern were very very good. A nice big win v Blackburn now. Prem this season is more important than CL.

Oddly enough, the Dzeko one was the one that seemed to cause the most upheaval, but I thought at the time it was probably the best thing to do. We needed more in midfield. Simple really!

RyantheBlue said:
Wellsblue21 said:
mancini didnt screw up ffs, until their first goal we were more than a match, 2 stupid goals later and were check mate when our striker refuses to play

Well to be fair, had this Tevez thing not happened. Many would disagree with you. Like I said, I didn't see why Kolo started. The Milner/Nasri one for me was more preference, I wasn't exactly angry when I saw that'd he gone with Nasri, but the Kolo one definitely confused me.

And to be fair, yes, up until their first goal we were a match. But then they scored two, and we were no longer a match. Some might say that was down to selection or whatever.

id probably be one of the first to moan but when a player undermines his club and refuses to play, its a shambles. managers will make shit decisions from time to time

ala tonight and fulham, but against everton i seem to remember our 2 subs scoring, swings an roundabouts, but if bobby manc knew he wasnt starting lescott tonight then kolo should have got game time saturday, that said and done, we were inept in the 2nd half players shyed away. (when your see silva tracking 30 yards and fouling)

anyways im ranting.

Sabster said:
Kolo started becuase in European football, it is far mroe important to keep the ball - Toure is very comfortable on the ball.

He hoofed it long more than once (the same way he did last season and cost us a win against Stoke at the Britannia), he didn't look "comfortable" all night. Lets not forget his undisciplined runs forward, then losing the ball and leaving us exposed. He was dreadful, Lescott is not a perfect CB but should have started over Kolo. We really need to start giving Savic more opportunities as he seems to be genuinely classy with the ball at his feet unlike both Kolo and Lescott.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hasn't learnt when to play with 3 in midfield and when to stick with 2.

hasn't learn to drop Nasri/Silva/Dzeko/Aguero when they haven't played that well.

Stuck with the same team virtually all season then drops our better CB(Lescott) and keeps leaving Carlos on the bench(ticking time bomb) and instead of resting Dzeko leaves him on letting him get frustrated then hauls him off.

These players don't know they're born though, fucking pathetic.

Yep a neat summation

GaudinoMotors said:
Just the Kolo for Lescott one - ok he didn't do a lot wrong but somehow his ability to make the simple look more complicated than it is seems to unsettle those around him. The problem is - if he goes Yaya goes.
carnt say that would bother me to much at th moment dont think yaya has done much since cup final. dont think he touched the ball more than six times tonite.

Balti said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
hasn't learnt when to play with 3 in midfield and when to stick with 2.

hasn't learn to drop Nasri/Silva/Dzeko/Aguero when they haven't played that well.

Stuck with the same team virtually all season then drops our better CB(Lescott) and keeps leaving Carlos on the bench(ticking time bomb) and instead of resting Dzeko leaves him on letting him get frustrated then hauls him off.

These players don't know they're born though, fucking pathetic.

Yep a neat summation

I'd agree with bits. I wouldn't have started Tevez, but definitely would've started Lescott.
I agree with 3 of the 4 players you said didn't play well, Nasri hasn't done much for me since Spurs, Dzeko's dried up and Aguero seems to be struggling a little when he gets man-marked!

RyantheBlue said:
CTID101 said:
Mancini did nothing wrong tonight. It was just the players.

He took off Dzeko for Nige as we were getting swamped in midfield and we would have lost about 6-0 had Nige not come on.

Milner for Nasri was the right decision because Nasri again was the invisible man (please get back to Spud's performance)

Kolarov for Barry was again not a bad choice or a good choice.

The players could have performed alot better than they did tonight but Bayern were very very good. A nice big win v Blackburn now. Prem this season is more important than CL.

Oddly enough, the Dzeko one was the one that seemed to cause the most upheaval, but I thought at the time it was probably the best thing to do. We needed more in midfield. Simple really!

This, i hate it when people dont watch the game properly and moan about the wrong things, dejong on was the most sensible thing to do, its not a case of "why is he bringing a striker off for a midfielder". our midfield was severly lacking, we couldnt keep the ball we had no link to the attack from midfield or any protection for the back four, yaya was having another off game( the one where he looks like he cant be arsed) and barry wasnt enough against a very in form bayern side. dejongs role allows him to break up play and allows the forwards to attack. Had tevez of came on, he would have still had no service because our midfield were on there arses! rant over.

Bayern away was always gonna be our biggest challenge, lets move on, we can still progress in this group. FORZA MANCINI!!!

not much, i'd probably have played milner over yaya (think he's been poor this season). and maybe not played kolo so early but i just think we didn't turn up tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.