How much do we owe to Yaya?

Yes indeed for me, and many many others who were lucky enough to see this legend at the peak of his powers for us!
Your stunning inaccurate generalization of "prioritizing attitude more than talent brings more success" interest me as i take it youve never heard of a flawed genius? (Most genius's are)..
There is a need for both talent and good attitude and as a player for our beloved club, Yaya had both in adundance! I am sure that Pep agrees with this as he, without a doubt, managed to bring out the very best in Yaya,

Yaya, one of the finest footballers I have ever seen, on his day he won games on his own. He had everything, he could play in any position , he was decent in the air, his vision was superb, his dribbling was outrageous and his dead ball skills were exceptional.

Him and Kev are the closest players I have seen to my hero Colin Bell.

I met him outside the Etihad with a friend and her young son who was starstruck, Yaya was so humble and kind with her lad, took time to talk to him, have pictures taken and signed his shirt whilst other more illustrious players just jumped in their cars and fucked off.

Look at old tunnel cams and see the respect that other teams players had for Yaya, he was an almost god like figure to some and along with Drogba they were the first African superstars of the PL, yet i see him being denigrated by some posters on here. Without us signing Yaya I oubt others would have signed, he was the catalyst and deserves far more respect than he gets.

I am not even going to bother with the media nonsense. What he did on the pitch is what matters and on there he was supreme.
100% spot on Blue!!

The most frightening mixture of sheer power and gossamer-like touch that I have ever seen in any footballer. An absolute monster who terrorized the opposition, not to mention his iconic goals.

A huge part of our growth as a superpower. But not quite at legendary status because of his behaviour at the end that tarnished his legacy. What a pity.

Still though; thank you Yaya for all you did for us.
Can't help but feel a little sad when thinking of Yaya as he was such a figurehead of the team and club until Cakegate and the Guardiola accusations. Should be universally recognised as an all time great and for huge contribution to clubs progression but just struggle to have those feelings about him , feel I should, know it may be unfair but don't and makes me a little sad. Maybe been overly influenced by media rubbish and opposition jibes about Cakes. Think he deserves his statue though and in top 3 midfielders I have seen at City (KDB , D Silva , Toure). Bell I only remember after his injury so can't judge fairly.

Yaya, one of the finest footballers I have ever seen, on his day he won games on his own. He had everything, he could play in any position , he was decent in the air, his vision was superb, his dribbling was outrageous and his dead ball skills were exceptional.

I met him outside the Etihad with a friend and her young son who was starstruck, Yaya was so humble and kind with her lad, took time to talk to him, have pictures taken and signed his shirt whilst other more illustrious players just jumped in their cars and fucked off.

Look at old tunnel cams and see the respect that other teams players had for Yaya, he was an almost god like figure to some and along with Drogba they were the first African superstars of the PL, yet i see him being denigrated by some posters on here. Without us signing Yaya I oubt others would have signed, he was the catalyst and deserves far more respect than he gets.

I am not even going to bother with the media nonsense. What he did on the pitch is what matters and on there he was supreme.
Well said sir

Great post, absolutely spot on. Loved watching him bossing games, one of our all time greats for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.