How much do we owe to Yaya?

When the camera pans into the City fans celebrating, looking out for me wearing a brown jumper and a City cap, celebrating, slightly bent over, and fist pumping with both hands. :-) What a win. What a celebration. What a day. Tears of joy watching it again.

Great day wasn't it.
I'm in the crowd wearing 2 bar scarves, pne blue and white and one black and red around 22 seconds in.
Remember singing "we're gonna win the league" after the second.

How much do we owe Yaya ? Everything, his goals in 2011 semi final and final of the FA cup were the catalyst for all that followed. No Yaya at Newcastle no Sergio 93 20. Possibly only Vinny as vital a player in the modern era.

How much do we owe Yaya ? Everything, his goals in 2011 semi final and final of the FA cup were the catalyst for all that followed. No Yaya at Newcastle no Sergio 93 20. Possibly only Vinny as vital a player in the modern era.
I get your argument. But, using that line of reasoning, if there was no Kolarov late equalising free kick against Sunderland, there's no Newcastle. Not having a go at you personally, by the way. You're far from the only one to hold that opinion. Just playing devil's advocate here. You can pick any close game from earlier in the season, and use the same logic. Nasri's late winner against Chelsea? Mario's late penalty winner vs Spurs? They all got us into the position we were at on that day at St James' Park.

Did anyone ever manage to dispossess Yaya of the ball?
I can't think of an occasion.
Once. Matic and the media went crazy about Chelsea's new "Blue Steel", Hazard also destroyed Zaba in that game and they went on to win. Seems like that event sparked a fire in Yaya and he totally dominated Matic in every other game we played against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.