How much would you pay to watch every single City game?

The thing with that is you can't really set a streaming service so much more expensive than others.

When you consider Spotify has almost any music you could imagine for a tenner a month, or all the content you can get from Netflix. Amazon, etc for a tenner a month, it'd be a hard sell to start charging £30 a month just for about 7 games, for most people anyway.

I reckon £15-20 a month max. Most people are already paying for a some subscription services for films and music and aren't likely to add another 40 quid a month on top of that for a few matches. They'd want a similar price to their other services.

DAZN is £19.99 a month, unless you pay for a year's subscription up front, then it works out about half of that. I could see that model working.
Anyway setting up such a service would probably consider that people are already paying £30+ a month to watch a few games a month on Sky/TNT anyway, on top of Netflix/Spotify/YouTube Premium etc.

They are greedy bastards and I think they'd go high, early and take over Sky's space.

The sensible approach would be to be fairly cheap but attract a wide customer base, tempting people away from unreliable streams, IPTV and finding ways around geoblocks with VPN's.

I’ve been reading that it’s inevitable for a long time now. An NFL style game pass that you can choose to suit your needs.

But while the likes of Sky TV are prepared to pay approximately £10 million per game for exclusive UK rights, as they are at the moment, I don’t see how the Premier League can possibly make it more profitable for them?

And while that remains the case, it ain’t happening.

Anyway setting up such a service would probably consider that people are already paying £30+ a month to watch a few games a month on Sky/TNT anyway, on top of Netflix/Spotify/YouTube Premium etc.

They are greedy bastards and I think they'd go high, early and take over Sky's space.

The sensible approach would be to be fairly cheap but attract a wide customer base, tempting people away from unreliable streams, IPTV and finding ways around geoblocks with VPN's.

It's a big task. There is always talk of the PL doing it direct, but at £30 a month, they'd need 5-6m households to match the current deal in revenue.

However, if they were then having to do all the administration and infrastructure, fluctuations in sign ups, then are you talking about £40 or £50 a month?

Considering that Sky use it to cross sell all their other services, that would be a big jump for lots of people.

If it then comes down to one of the current providers expanding, then I wonder how many more will sign up? Is there a huge amount of value that they're not tapping into, and if they have to add £10-20 to their prices, they're not going to tempt people away from dodgy sources.

I’ve been reading that it’s inevitable for a long time now. An NFL style game pass that you can choose to suit your needs.

But while the likes of Sky TV are prepared to pay approximately £10 million per game for exclusive UK rights, as they are at the moment, I don’t see how the Premier League can possibly make it more profitable for them?

And while that remains the case, it ain’t happening.
Setting up a streaming service is incredibly costly and difficult. The dinosaurs in the Premier League boardroom just want the billions rolling in from all the TV providers for doing fuck all work.

If Sky or TNT went tits up then they would do something about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.