How old are you & how long have you been going

Im 27 on Thursday (don't remind me =() and my first game was 1995...City vs. Everton at Goodison Park...we drew 1-1 (Mauritzio Gaudino gave us the lead)

I have been going home and away ever since. Had my season ticket in Kippax BB Lower at Maine Road and now in 132 at Eastlands, but will be changing that for next season...=)

I am of an age where you could argue that i and those similar to me are the most loyal blues of all! I was born in 1982 - the year after the last time we were in a actual decent big game (FA Cup Final + replay v Spurs in 1981). I started going in the 1988-89 promotion season, i was 6/7! My Dad started staking me in the coner of the Maine Stand and North Stand, where you could pay cash on the door! My first game was 4-2 win at home to Leicester, my first away game was at Blackburn in a 4-0 or 4-1 defeat (on the Hillsborough disaster day, also my birthday - tomorrow!)

In my lifetime we have had 5 relegation seasons, no major trophy wins and only a hand-full of players who i have really loved or whom will be written about in years to come in City books and whatnot (Lake, Rosler, Kinkladze, Goater, Bernarbia, SWP)! Although there was a good bulk of City fans at my school LOADS of kids when i was young started supporting United, but i did not, i stuck with us!

To this day i am a City fan and seasoncard holder - for a young impressionable kid of the 90's i am really proud of myself for not having my head turned by the success at the Swamp!

True blue, forever blue!

41. First season ticket was 76-77. Not a bad season. Don't know what first game was but earliest I remember was a 3-0 defeat at Turf Moor (72, 73?) and still remember fans abusing Joe Corrigan for being too fat (as he was then apparently!)

22, season ticket for 13 years now. Might have to stop soon, the irony of sitting through all that dross then possibly missing out on the next 5-10 years.

38 back in January. Started going in 1977. Season ticket since 1979. Doesn't 30 odd years fly when your having fun !

21 - first game at 3.. never looked back!

18 years of loyal service!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.