How plastic are the Chelsea fans?

jrb said:
F*** me! 4-4, nail biting stuff, edge of your seat, final whistle goes and everyone is smiling and waving flags, while their 4x4's are being parked up at the main stand entrancre waiting for them.

Plastic? More like the un-emotional living dead.
The sad irony is that COMS is often just as bad and will be even more cringe-worthy on Thursday.

GStar said:
bluejase said:
GStar said:
I wanted Liverpool to go through but Stamford Bridge had fans all around the ground standing up, arms streatched, singing thier team to victory at many points throughout the game; we don't do that.

Everyone got a free flag tonight, we all waved our scaves at the derby last year... i thought Chelsea fans were good tonight.
they were shite, booed em off at half time.

Yet they still had fans all around the ground standing up singing at many points throughout the game.

And we can hardly talk, infact the current football culture is to boo before you cheer... i blame Big Brother ;)
is that big brother the book or that thing on channel 4 which claims to be entertainment?

[quote="Wexford BlueI suppose my point is that there's probably a good number of Chelsea fans who've been there for years and are suddenly surrounded by plastics, we might be heading for the same thing at City.[/quote]

That's the truth of it. They have always had and still have a 20K hardcore support who are as passionate as any in the country. However, many of the old fans are being/have been priced out and there are a significant number of city corporate types in their just like at the swamp. You could see them there last night enjoying 'the spectacle' and sampling 'the atmosphere' like theatre goers while looking forward to their vol-au-vents at half-time. Wankers. The old firm should give them a kicking on their way out and scare them off.

Have you seen how many Chelsea shirts you see outside London now? There was even an advert for Chealsea FC in the Ryanair in-flight mag I flicked through last week.

The rags of the South now beyond a doubt.

I was rooting for Chelsea last night and glad they got through.

Scousers and rags are peas in a pod. Devine right mentality. 'We deserve it because we've got such a glorious history that's better than anyone else's'.

I long for the day when we are enjoying the nights like that at Chelsea and it's laughable that people come on here and criticise their supporters for trying to create a better atmosphere, even if it is flag waving. The fact that clubs now have to give awa little props to generate a bit of excitement is a pop at us. The difference is they've got a team that responds in that type of environment.

Let's see what happens for us on Thursday.

exileindevon said:
is that big brother the book or that thing on channel 4 which claims to be entertainment?

The pile of shite on television which seemed to make it 'cool' to boo people just because there was more of you than there was of them.

CFCnibs said:
That's just bollocks.

Was at the game last night and the atmosphere on the whole was pretty good. Sure, there were some boos at half time but I think that was just pure frustration from some and the sheer feeling of helplessness as the way we were playing, it looked like we were heading out.

Anfield last week was like a morgue. Didn't you hear all the Chelsea with the chants of "Where's your famous atmosphere". It's a complete myth 90% of the time. Last night - like any away supporters when they think their team is back in the game, yes they sang. But we outsung them for most of the game and they were silent at 2-2. Probably didn't come across on the TV but we all know how biased ITV are towards Liverpool in Europe.

The flag thing is embarrassing and I was "too cool to wave mine"!!! Taking it home unused for my boy for his bedroom. We're not alone though - it's the way it is with all big clubs now and the all seater stadiums and large number of corporate / women / kids. Fact of life.

I think you're pretty much spot on there mate. Especially the Anfield atmosphere myth. I was surprised, considering all i've heard about Chelsea fans, that you had fans all around the ground willing to get right behind the team, i thought other than the few boos at half time (which as you say is understandable) your fans were great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.