How plastic are the Chelsea fans?

M35 Blue said:
simonk said:
the way all those flags suddenly appeared on masse makes me puke. Plastic manufactured corporate happiness. Please dont let that ever happen to us.
I refused my city scarf when offered at OT last season, (although did regret not having the keepsake later on) for just the same reason.
For me thats not what football support should be about.

Ah, you wont be happy on thursday then as we are getting a free banana or flag apparently!

no. and theres no apparantly about it. Been given some manufactured MCFC merchandise doesnt make me a supporter.
Maybe I do live in the past - but that was when we had proper fans that didnt need all this bullshit.

They are what I hate about the game, money, it's destroying it. All Chelsea's money brought a whole truck load of bandwagoners, plastic little fans.
I was watching them tonight, and as much as I hate to drag it in, if that was Man U-Liverpool, can you imagine the noise coming from the ground? It would have been ridiculous.
They were there at half time booing, give me a break like, I mean come on. They were there with their small little designer flags sitting their smiling at half time.

I could from a hardcore fan base in GAA and Munster rugby. They, Chelsea remind me so much of Leinster rugby fans, the semi final in 06, sitting there with their new jeserys and Leinster flags smilling and shouting Leinster Leinster while Munster fans were there roaring them down, with badhrans and the whole lot.
Looking at Anfield last time and Chelsea tonight. No comparison.

I'd be fucking annoyed if some fan was waving a flag directly in my view while play was going on. Perhaps thats why they bought them out at the end. Jeez talk about slagging other fans off before we get our own house in order. Are some of you forgetting we've got blues fighting blues in our own stands. Chelsea have great support and always take a large away following.

simonk said:
M35 Blue said:
simonk said:
the way all those flags suddenly appeared on masse makes me puke. Plastic manufactured corporate happiness. Please dont let that ever happen to us.
I refused my city scarf when offered at OT last season, (although did regret not having the keepsake later on) for just the same reason.

Ah, you wont be happy on thursday then as we are getting a free banana or flag apparently!

no. and theres no apparantly about it. Been given some manufactured MCFC merchandise doesnt make me a supporter.
Maybe I do live in the past - but that was when we had proper fans that didnt need all this bullshit.

The next thing you know they'll be putting big tellys in the ground and having karaoke sing-a-longs, prompted by some clown who thinks the louder he shouts over the pa the more 'atmosphere' he'll generate..........

IrishMacca said:
All Chelsea's money brought a whole truck load of bandwagoners, plastic little fans.
I could from a hardcore fan base in GAA and Munster rugby. They, Chelsea remind me so much of Leinster rugby fans, the semi final in 06, sitting there with their new jeserys and Leinster flags smilling and shouting Leinster Leinster while Munster fans were there roaring them down, with badhrans and the whole lot.

Alright Macca? I'm not having a pop here, fellow Irish blue, but I come from a small town in Leinster and fuck me, we're SURROUNDED by plastic Munster fans. What's that all about? I know Munster rugby probably has the best hardcore/longterm support in the country but you've attracted a huge amount of gloryhunting plastics the last five years or so, and not just from Munster. There was silence in the pub when Leinster won, but mayhem when Munster won, and this pub is in Leinster?.. it's bizarre to me.

I suppose my point is that there's probably a good number of Chelsea fans who've been there for years and are suddenly surrounded by plastics, we might be heading for the same thing at City.

IrishMacca said:

That's just bollocks.

Was at the game last night and the atmosphere on the whole was pretty good. Sure, there were some boos at half time but I think that was just pure frustration from some and the sheer feeling of helplessness as the way we were playing, it looked like we were heading out.

Anfield last week was like a morgue. Didn't you hear all the Chelsea with the chants of "Where's your famous atmosphere". It's a complete myth 90% of the time. Last night - like any away supporters when they think their team is back in the game, yes they sang. But we outsung them for most of the game and they were silent at 2-2. Probably didn't come across on the TV but we all know how biased ITV are towards Liverpool in Europe.

The flag thing is embarrassing and I was "too cool to wave mine"!!! Taking it home unused for my boy for his bedroom. We're not alone though - it's the way it is with all big clubs now and the all seater stadiums and large number of corporate / women / kids. Fact of life.

simonk said:

Rubbish, it's there to create a spectacle and it works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.