How should we feel about drawing Barca?

I feel pretty good. We didn't have much to chose from. Dortmund hasn't looked good but by the time the next round rolls around they will get thier injured players back and probably play much better. PSG looks a very tough side to me, but maybe they would have been a better draw. Atletico Madrid is a very strong defensive team, no CL experience but are playing very well. Real Madrid are very suspect at the back and can be prone to red cards but have so many goal scoring choices. Barca isn't the team they used to be. They are very suspect at the back. Are very open to the counter and we are deadly on the counter. Messi will probably be back in the lineup but maybe he'll get hurt again. Have to win at home to have a shot.

This is our night to really enter the Big boys league and I think we have a great chance at knocking Barca out. Neymar's last two games does worry me a little bit though.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Blueband Brother said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
privelaged, I feel like a part time fan because I'm just excited at getting to see those great players in the flesh, moreso than the result at the moment, I think if we started to be in the tie and providing h
hope then I'd get into it, at the moment it might as well be an exhibition, I just want to see those magical players play.

you mean Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, that sort.

It's a once in a lifetime chance to see greats such as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

They're a class above anything we've got.

Kompany is the best defender in the world. Yaya is in the top 4 or 5 players best players in the world and certainly the best player in the premier league. Aguero is probably the top striker in the world at the moment with the likes of Suarez and others.

Messi is one of the greatest of a time and he is definitely a class above all the players in this tie but we also have great players in our squad that are the envy of teams in Europe.What barca will give for a player like Kompany or to take back the evidently unwise decision to let go of Yaya.

I do get your point that this is a mouth watering tie with so many great players on show and it is always a fantastic opportunity and experience to go to camp nou. But I don't see ourselves as underdogs because I know as a team, we can match them and beat them.

As far as I am concerned,it is going to be a great spectacle with two elite teams on show, locking horns and inflicting wounds and may the better team over the two legs win.

Can't wait!!

Its a great learning experience to face Munich and Barcelona in our third year....no matter what the result, we will grow after this experience and would make us more improved team for future

A must watch video:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKZuRVuago" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKZuRVuago</a>

We are very inexperienced at playing two leg knock out ties, with the first leg at home. Don't know how many of the squad have that experience at anything like this level. Getting the balance right for the first leg will be critical.

jared said:
ManAD said:
Big fan of both teams and will be happy if either wins, but happier if City wins :)

Sergio-Aguero-Lionel-Messi-PI_20110715081642989_660_320.JPG

This pic is in dire need of captions
its in dire need of city kits.

cibaman said:
We are very inexperienced at playing two leg knock out ties, with the first leg at home. Don't know how many of the squad have that experience at anything like this level. Getting the balance right for the first leg will be critical.
all bar clichy zaba nasty and negredo have a fair bit of cl knockout experience. (from the first Xi) doesn't seem to bother MPs teams anyway.

Over in the barca.com forum they are saying things like, this is the hardest possible draw for them and are showing a lot of respect to our squad and chances.

For example...........

We could easily be thrashed here, even if Messi is 100% he will be surrounded by Kompany Fernandinho Yaya, he will get no space. So it will be up to Neymar or Alexis to do something. Our midfield will get over run I reckon by the pace and strength of their midfield, and our defence definitely won't be able to cope with their attack. Overall I am not confident

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.