How should we feel about drawing Barca?

A good friend of mine is as big a Barca fan as I am a city fan. I emailed him earlier today about the draw. His response is this "I didn't want Man City....much better than Barca now.....much more. 6-3 Arsenal and 3-2 Bayern. No chance for us"

Believe it Blues, believe it.

I was in Barcelona at weekend and saw the game against Villareal (on tv). I spoke to a few Barca fans and they were pretty nervous about getting us in this round. I think the win over Bayern has really made teams take notice of us. For me this is a dream tie, take them down as they are on their way down. They looked pretty average in Saturdays game. If we have our best team available we will do it.

Manchester1894 said:
Manchester City v Barca?.... ecstatic! Loads of match ups I cannot wait to see:

Zabba/Aguero v's their close friend Lionel Messi... who happens to be one of the greatest players on the planet?!!!

Txiki and Ferran going to the Nou Camp... talk about lions going into the den!?!! haha

The return to Spain of the following:
Garcia (Ex-Real)
Navas & Negredo(Sevilla)
Demechelis & Pellegrini(Malaga)
Silva(ValenciaI)
Aguero(A.Madrid)
Yaya(Barca)
Zaba(Espanyol)

Kompany has the chance to fully arrive as the worlds greatest defender against one the the best attacks.
Fernandinho can literally guarantee a World Cup place if he keeps Neymar & co quiet.
Hart may have found form by then and all the hard months could be well and truly behind him!

I've still got reservations on whether this game is too soon for the rejuvinated Nasri. Hoping Clichy will have shaken the bad form off by then and Nasty is fully fit!

I'd sign Shaw and someone like Vertonghen/Hummels as insurance though.

Cannot wait!

Yup Garcia will be very useful in carrying a few bags into the hotel.

ManAD said:
Big fan of both teams and will be happy if either wins, but happier if City wins :)

Sergio-Aguero-Lionel-Messi-PI_20110715081642989_660_320.JPG

This pic is in dire need of captions

Barca are in slight decline but there coming down from a very high plateau, City are improving and we have players with experience of playing in Spain and people at the club who know Barca inside out. We can't lose really, if we beat them the our press will think we're the best thing since sliced bread, and if they win then it would have been expected because it was Barca.

We would have to play a strong team sometime anyway and this puts one of the top three seeds out if we can defeat them over two legs. I'd have been more worried had we got either of the Madrid teams, ones the form team, and the other has all the stars and will lift their game now their in the knockout stages. The fact that some Barca fans are worried about us because we beat Bayern is also very good for our morale too, and we have nothing much to fear. They still have some excellent players and it is the tie of the next round, closely followed by Arsenal's. Another team who have nothing to fear playing the favourites, who they beat last season, and again the Bayern Munich players are concerned with facing Arsenal. The other two English clubs will be playing with a bit of fear because although they think they have easy ties, they dare not lose them.

Happy days - great fixtures.

People saying that they're in decline...but from being possibly one of the best ever teams in football history to just being one of the two best teams currently in Europe (along with Bayern)....anything is possible, but gotta just enjoy the challenge - I don't go into this with any real conviction thinking that we'll win, but with loads of hope that we might.

For those that say the Barcelona defence is poor nowadays...yeah right - look at the stats. Conceded 5 in 6 games in the CL, and in 16 games in the Spanish League (in which they sit top) they've only conceded 10....so a lot tighter at the back than I think people are saying.

privelaged, I feel like a part time fan because I'm just excited at getting to see those great players in the flesh, moreso than the result at the moment, I think if we started to be in the tie and providing hope then I'd get into it, at the moment it might as well be an exhibition, I just want to see those magical players play.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
privelaged, I feel like a part time fan because I'm just excited at getting to see those great players in the flesh, moreso than the result at the moment, I think if we started to be in the tie and providing hope then I'd get into it, at the moment it might as well be an exhibition, I just want to see those magical players play.

you mean Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, that sort.

Blueband Brother said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

you mean Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, that sort.

It's a once in a lifetime chance to see greats such as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

They're a class above anything we've got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.