How should we feel about drawing Barca?

Prestwich_Blue said:
FCBarcelona said:
john@staustell said:
Not the same Barcelona, not the same City.

They didn't 'dominate' Villareal this weekend.

Villareal had two goal scoring chances the whole game, if that is not dominating I don't know what is. And Barcelona doesn't play in CL to reach a semifinal or whatever, it plays to win the title. So it doesn't matter if Barca meets City, Real, Bayern etc. in the quarters, semis or last 16.
Was that the same Bayern that put 7 past you last season you played to win against?

No it wasn't the same Bayern.

This Bayern are much better than that.

You guys are going to give them a good run for their money, don't know what it is about Barcelona, they're missing something. Instead of being 10/10 they're like 9.9/10. Just something is missing.

Anyhow, I reckon you'll win, but it will be tight.

Chris in London said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
FCBarcelona said:
Villareal had two goal scoring chances the whole game, if that is not dominating I don't know what is. And Barcelona doesn't play in CL to reach a semifinal or whatever, it plays to win the title. So it doesn't matter if Barca meets City, Real, Bayern etc. in the quarters, semis or last 16.
Was that the same Bayern that put 7 past you last season you played to win against?

No it wasn't the same Bayern.

This Bayern are much better than that.
but imo they're not much better than us.
The mistake this FCBarcelona makes is in thinking that we're still in a place where we need fear the top teams in Europe, we're not. whether that's because they've been hiding under a rock since the semi final last year and haven't seen us play or whether its because its a rag who, realising that manure are no longer good enough to compete with Europe's finest and yet still thinking they're better than us presumes we can't is debatable.
But it doesn't matter to us who me meet either, we've no reason to fear any team, we may lose against some, but we're also capable of beating anybody.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:18 pm --<br /><br />
LFC-Fans said:
You guys are going to give them a good run for their money, don't know what it is about Barcelona, they're missing something. Instead of being 10/10 they're like 9.9/10. Just something is missing.

Anyhow, I reckon you'll win, but it will be tight.
Cheers, see you boxing day!

Prestwich_Blue said:
FCBarcelona said:
john@staustell said:
Not the same Barcelona, not the same City.

They didn't 'dominate' Villareal this weekend.

I don't want to start an argument or find excuses, but, in all honesty, everyone with half a brain knows that was an accident, favorised by many factors you can't cotrol - like having a coach who missed the most important part of the season trying to cure his cancer or your best player injured. Even PSG deserved to beat us, so I wouldn't put much trust in those results.

This is another Barcelona. A Barcelona that beats Celtic 6-1, not 2-1 like last year. And a Barcelona that beats Real Madrid 2-1. If you tink we're past it because of that Bayern accident, than you will be dissapointed to see a team that has recaptured the desire to win. But, enough with the talk. I see that you are very optimistic and you should, 'cause you have a good team. I wish you luck.

FCBarcelona said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
FCBarcelona said:

I don't want to start an argument or find excuses, but, in all honesty, everyone with half a brain knows that was an accident, favorised by many factors you can't cotrol - like having a coach who missed the most important part of the season trying to cure his cancer or your best player injured. Even PSG deserved to beat us, so I wouldn't put much trust in those results.

This is another Barcelona. A Barcelona that beats Celtic 6-1, not 2-1 like last year. And a Barcelona that beats Real Madrid 2-1. If you tink we're past it because of that Bayern accident, than you will be dissapointed to see a team that has recaptured the desire to win. But, enough with the talk. I see that you are very optimistic and you should, 'cause you have a good team. I wish you luck.
Now, that's a change in attitude :)

To answer your question: Very happy with the memory of playing York and Macclesfield not so long ago. These are moments that I realize what has happened to our club in the past 5-6 years and what unbelieveble times are awaiting us. It has been worth all the hurt, although even in the dark ages I remember some pretty good days as well. Playing Barcelona in the CL is simply our reward for sticking by the team.

FCBarcelona said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
FCBarcelona said:

You're welcome on here as long as don't become aggressive or confrontational. You've made what I'd call a robust case for your team so far so you're fine.

The joy of football is that it's full of "accidents" in some form. I accept it must have been quite disruptive for you but it was the same for us in many ways, with problems between Mancini and the players and Soriano/Begiristain. But you only won 1 out of 6 games in the knock-out stage and what those games showed was that you don't like playing against a strong, physical midfield. You can't get 75% possession if players like Milner, Fernandinho, Silva, Toure, Nasri and Zabaleta are constantly pressuring you.

The game on Saturday was probably the closest we'll get to playing a team like yours. A very good midfield (5 of them) were given no time to play and by the end we were taking the ball off them for fun. We also scored 6 (and missed three good chances) against a very good defence. But we conceded three so unless we've tightened up considerably by February then you'll certainly get chances to score yourself.

No one is underestimating Barcelona for sure but the fact we have a degree of confidence and aren't being written off by the media should tell you that we're happy that we can beat anyone on the day. We've put 9 goals past the European champions (with a mainly reserve team) and the Premier League leaders in a few days.

exciting fixture. to be the best, we should TRY to beat the best. we already made a history at Allianz Arena, for the 1st time in 40++ years they lost, after leading 2-0. perhaps we can do the same at Camp Nou. but for me, Barca is the favourite in this match, and we are underdog. if they win, it's just another game for them, but if we win it's history for the club and fans.

welsh_andy said:
will be a twenty goal thriller if defences to go by. but seriously i really cant wait for this, barca will be worried by us for sure. messi and sergio on pitch at same time, oh god i will need a truck full of kleenex.

all in all cant fucking wait for this, 2 of the best if not the best attacking forces in the game.

going for 7-6 to us on agg im really convinced we can beat them imo

What is the kleenex for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.