How The Hell Did We Win and Score 3 Goals Last Night?

mancityscot

i'm sure there will be a few city fans that might feel the same, i watched the game last night and as soon as it passed 70 minutes i thought, this is going to be a 0-0 draw or wigan are going to nick it. because, in all honesty we were very poor, and if any team was to score at the time it would be wigan. it was as if the goals came out of nowhere. amazing to be honest, 3 goals just like that. if we are to be challenging for top honours that is the exact type of thing we should be able to do, take the game by the scruff of the neck. it was what we were least expecting, and i still do not know how on earth we managed to score 3 goals and beat a wigan team that were no push overs.

it's definitely a sign of things to come, well done city.

CTID

tevez ran and put the ball in the back of the net 3 times.. lol seriously though i thought it was going to be 0-0 or wigan to score right at the death

we played shit but still pick up results

The Caldwell sending off (unfair for them) tipped it in our favour, before that Wigan could easily have scored. And the way we are at the moment, whoever scores whether it's us or the opposition can usually seal the game.

Main thing is that we got the goals, got the result.

We controlled the game and just needed that first goal. Once we got that they had to get forward a bit, that created the gaps to exploit at the back.

Goals change games, especially when teams are feeling the pressure. We've all seen games where we've struggled to pass the ball, and from somewhere we get a goal and all of a sudden the players confidence grows, and they start to pass 1st time

Last night the effect was doubled.

We didn't play well as a team overall. Although it was very dramatic, and there were a lot of chances.

The sending off is how we won and scored 3 goals in my opinion. The dubious sending off and 3 goals justice in the face of the blatant time wasting that Wigan did.

Play crap and win they say that's a sign of a quality team, the rags have been doing it for the first half of the season for ages, that's why they say they always come good after new year because before that they play shit and the ref give em everything that's going.

scall said:
The Caldwell sending off (unfair for them) tipped it in our favour, before that Wigan could easily have scored. And the way we are at the moment, whoever scores whether it's us or the opposition can usually seal the game.

Main thing is that we got the goals, got the result.
I haven't seen a replay, but Tevez was getting some bad treatment throughout the game so cumulatively they deserved it. If you repeatedly foul a player, then you run the risk of a ref misinterpreting the incident<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
Play crap and win they say that's a sign of a quality team, the rags have been doing it for the first half of the season for ages, that's why they say they always come good after new year because before that they play shit and the ref give em everything that's going.
True. Utd have been doing just enough for most of the season.

Not as interested in performances now. It's just a matter of picking up points and over-hauling Spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.