How The Hell Did We Win and Score 3 Goals Last Night?

Play shit and still win quite well, that's a good sign of a very good team.

It wasn't pretty, it was alrite but we were extremely lucky we wasn't 2-0 down just after the half, once again better quality finishing from the opponents and the game could of been lost.

To be fair I think we did well.

Wigan came and parked the bus so to speak. They were time wasting from the off and hoping to catch us on the break (Which, admittedly, they did once or twice)

It was just a matter of patience. Tevez could have had 2 in the first half. If he had the luck then it would have been 5 or 6-0 as they would have had to come at us for longer.

I honestly thought our goal was coming before the sending off.

All in all quite happy.
Over the moon with the points though.

Edit:- We also had a nailed on penalty in 2nd half when Tevez was CLEARLY tripped in the box.

I was concerned when Caldwell went off that it was going to make it even more difficult to break them down.

To be fair though, thats what you should get when you pay £25 million for a player, someone who can take control of the game by himself and win the game. That's not taking anything away from him, as he is worth every penny for his attitude. I only wish that Adebayor and Robinho had half of Tevez's attitude to the game.

As soon as Wigan conceed, their heads always drop. They have the poorest mental strength in the Premier League in my opinion. They are like we used to be. All you have to do is get the 1st goal and they tend to crumble. You are right, we were extremely poor, but the reality is that we have a world class player in Tevez, and he single-handedly won us a football match. That's what world-class players do.

Because we have some players who are quite good, either that our manager is absolute genius.

It's quite amazing how much better we have become over the last two seasons.

I definetly think if wigan wouldnt have seen a red card for somethin ive gotta admit was 50/50 i think we would have either drawn or lost mind you when it got to 70 minutes and it was 0-0 i was thinking this will be a draw or a loss for us and i really shouldnt be thinking that against wigan you never see the tottenham or liverpools strugling to theese teams we can beat the big guns great but lets work on the smaller teams now because they play a really really diffrent game to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.