How the mighty have fallen!

mannion18

Robbie Fowler signed the other day for Perth Glory. This guy has no shame. Last season he was awful and should have hung his boots up, but no there he was the other day parading around perth as if he is still a great striker.
He is playing in a league I would say is no better than the reserves and he is still crap. Just another pay day.

Are there any other ex city players floating around who should have just called it a day?

Don't follow your reasoning Mannion. The guy has always said how he loves to play football, so he is playing football. It is no different from the Sunday League players who play until they are in their late 40's early 50's. They play for the love of the game and that is what Robbie is doing. He loves football.

Leave the lad alone.

remember he left us to go back to liverpool,

he said "im going to start giving 100% now"

i was thinking what the fuck have you been doing for us then you twat?

I agree for playing for the love of the game, but pity it costs £8000 per week, im sure no sunday leaguer gets that.<br /><br />-- Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 pm --<br /><br />maybe I just will never forgive him for that excuse of a penalty. However i did not want this to be slate Fowler thread, i was merely asking if anyone knew of ex city players that should have hung their boots up.

mannion18 said:
I agree for playing for the love of the game, but pity it costs £8000 per week, im sure no sunday leaguer gets that.

-- Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 pm --

maybe I just will never forgive him for that excuse of a penalty. However i did not want this to be slate Fowler thread, i was merely asking if anyone knew of ex city players that should have hung their boots up.

Why should any player have to hang their boots up unless they're injured?

its a well known fact that the guy is worth gazillions, he has property here there and everywhere, so i'm pretty certain that it wont be for the money.

and.... he is living in the sunshine doing what he loves doing... cant fault him really.

never been his biggest fan but give him a break, jelousy will get you absolutely nowhere!!!

lost all respect for him when he mouthed 'manc twts' at rags playing for us at old trafford and held up four fingers

pools four (now five) euro wins were achieved without him and he is an everton fan anyway

He is box office gold in Australia,every scouse convict in Sydney came out of the woodwork to see him play for North Queensland last year ,it put thousands on the gate.
That's what Perth have bought him for ,I bet season ticket sales have gone through the roof,he is genuinely thought of as football royalty down here and the level of football in the A league won't be too taxing for him or any of the overseas "marquee" players e.g. Terry Cook and Chris Greenacre.

marcus said:
its a well known fact that the guy is worth gazillions, he has property here there and everywhere, so i'm pretty certain that it wont be for the money.

and.... he is living in the sunshine doing what he loves doing... cant fault him really.

never been his biggest fan but give him a break, jelousy will get you absolutely nowhere!!!

Jealousy??? strange thing to say really. what would I be jealous of? the fact he's rich? the fact he plays the game I love? well arnt we all then? of every player who gets the chance to pull a shirt on and not just Robbie Fowler.

My point of this was not to just slate Fowler but those players who fans get all excited about and are totally disapointed with when they play.

We have all seen players who we think "give it up mate, your just not good enough".

I can see that people do not see this the way I do and fair enough, thats what this forum is about.

He probably is good enough for the league he's playing in.

Always wished he done better for us when he signed up. Seemed just before we let him go he scored 2 hat tricks or something like that.

We all live in a Robbie Fowler house..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.