How to play against Barcelona?

M147WN

A general question and broad based subject I know!
I don't know much about foreign football! Don't really follow it...but find myself watching Barca v Malaga atm and wondering if there's a weak link we can play on?? ..what our best formation might be?
They don't seem to play with out and out strikers and it looks like they have about 10 in midfield and they all seem to switch positions most of the time?
They look great when going forward in possession but defensively, especially in the middle, don't look that special to me? But as soon as they come under any kind of pressure (rarely up to now) their midfield have raced back to assist and take the pressure off & rob the opposition!
They press hard and get bodies forward.....and have just scored (Pique)?
....So how do we beat this lot then?

What about a promise from Our Good Sheikh to bail out the economy of Catalunya and support their drive for independence?

Failing that, the biggest fuck-off brown envelope stuck to the side of the biggest fuckin' barrel of diesel ever to come out of an oilfield!

Just watched the first half of Barca v Malaga. Malaga are near the bottom of the table and haven't scored for nearly 400 minutes.

Barca have had about 70% possession but haven't done a great deal with it. They've scored from a really poorly defended corner where Malaga basically fell asleep and left Pique in acres of space at the back post.

Their general gist seems to be Messi comes deep and plays balls 'behind' the right back for Alba to run onto to either cross or shoot. Alba has been their best player so far.

There is acres of space when Malaga counter but unfortunately they dont have the quality to exploit it.

Not seen anything to be frightened about so far to be honest.

Alexis Sanchez looks really good playing wide right!
Kolorov will have his work cut out dealing with this fella! ..Clichy might be a better bet?
Switches wide left at random intervals!
Looks a real threat!

Stoned Rose said:
Just watched the first half of Barca v Malaga. Malaga are near the bottom of the table and haven't scored for nearly 400 minutes.

Barca have had about 70% possession but haven't done a great deal with it. They've scored from a really poorly defended corner where Malaga basically fell asleep and left Pique in acres of space at the back post.

Their general gist seems to be Messi comes deep and plays balls 'behind' the right back for Alba to run onto to either cross or shoot. Alba has been their best player so far.

There is acres of space when Malaga counter but unfortunately they dont have the quality to exploit it.

Not seen anything to be frightened about so far to be honest.

There was enough fear in Catalunya when the draw was made. I fancy their defence will be having a few sleepless nights at the thought of a rampant Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko, Navas, Yaya and Fernandinho. And Kollers will have a few of those 35 yard killers left in his locker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.