How well did you draw when you were six?

Uwe Rosler's Grandad

Take a look at this young fella's paintings (he's only six!)...amazing:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Six-Year-Old-Artists-Paintings/Media-Gallery/200907415350905?lpos=UK_News_Third_Home_Page_Strap_Teaser_Region_0&lid=GALLERY_15350905_Six_Year_Old_Artists_Paintings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... _Paintings</a>

I don't know the ins and out URG so if you can clarify do shoot me down. But to me, that looks like a classic case of a parent doing something then claiming the kid has done it to get some celebrity. 6 year olds don't have the attention span to do that with watercolours.

Dobsy87 said:
I don't know the ins and out URG so if you can clarify do shoot me down. But to me, that looks like a classic case of a parent doing something then claiming the kid has done it to get some celebrity. 6 year olds don't have the attention span to do that with watercolours.

I was a little bit more trusting than you! I hadn't thought of that but now I'm coming around to your way of thinking! Just hoping the story is true.

Dobsy87 said:

Don't agree. Look at Mozart, for one.

I think the wrong page came up.But I know what you are talking about ,read it today .I love art and those pictures from that kid are superb.He is gifted thats for sure.I paint and draw myself and he has certainly got the eye for it.

Ally.P said:
Dobsy87 said:

Fair dos. It's just when you look at those pictures the lines of the sketching are so very straight and controlled. 6 year olds are still at the age where they struggle to keep in the lines in colouring in books. Maybe I'm too cynical but if you want to sell pretty watercolours then there's a lot of competition - people do it just for pleasure. To claim they've been done by a six year old makes them a talking point for whoever buys them, people will be willing to pay for his stuff just because he's six. Kerching.

Look at the way he's holding the brush in the picture, that's not the way to hold a brush properly.

My dad's a copper and I've done training with journalists thoug, so I'm a cynical bastard.

Ally.P said:
Dobsy87 said:

Crap painter!

Dobsy87 said:
Ally.P said:

Fair dos. It's just when you look at those pictures the lines of the sketching are so very straight and controlled. 6 year olds are still at the age where they struggle to keep in the lines in colouring in books. Maybe I'm too cynical but if you want to sell pretty watercolours then there's a lot of competition - people do it just for pleasure. To claim they've been done by a six year old makes them a talking point for whoever buys them, people will be willing to pay for his stuff just because he's six. Kerching.

Look at the way he's holding the brush in the picture, that's not the way to hold a brush properly.

My dad's a copper and I've done training with journalists thoug, so I'm a cynical bastard.

Dobsy take a look at this...will it change your mind? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXvbQHJjq2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXvbQHJjq2Y</a>

1:22

"buyers are certainly looking to get hold of this little prodigy's work"

Hmmnnn. He did seem to be very good though when he was doing some filling in. Maybe mum and dad help with the sketching. I don't know I'm not an artiste! Still, it doesn't really matter, the people that are buying them want to believe, and we all know what people do for what they believe in, so either way it's harmless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.