How will we work within platini's rules?

BringBackSwales

Bearing in mind the wage bill we already have, and then if we add to that the wages of the players we are likely to transfer in, and given our revenues are not the greatest in the world and we are not allowed to artifically subsidise these revenues, how exactly do we break even over a rolling 3 year period under plankini's latest plans (which seem to be going ahead)?

Can't Mansour just get one of his cronies to sponsor us? Doesn't he already run/own Etihad?

We've got about 5 years before we actually have to be self sufficient. By that time we'll be in the CL.

The top teams when these plans come in will stay top for a very, very long time. :)

Am I right in thinking turning debt into equity is essentially buying more shares, and therefore that money goes straight into the club? If that happens then surely we have no problem? I think the Daily Mail reported that in a similar story the other day.

Robinho's_thumb said:
Can't Mansour just get one of his cronies to sponsor us? Doesn't he already run/own Etihad?

deffo not, platini's rules are clear - there can be no artificial income, no false sponsorship and the clubs will basically be audited to ensure no cheating - hence those with massive incomes (real, barca, scum etc) are favoured over those with benevolent owners (City, chelsea etc)

"I'd like to be the match day sponsor. Here's £100 milion"

"I'd like to be your shirt sponsor, here's £100 Million"

"i'd like to rent that shed at the back of COMS, here's £100 Million"

If people are clever enough to make rules, there are always smarter people to break them!

In all honesty... i haven't got a clue. But i'm sure we must have some kind of anti-Platini plan in place by now. We've had enough notice. It will be interesting to see what happens.

superblue91 said:
Godzilla said:
It's just talk, it won't really happen....

Greed prevails!

Is it your mission to post on every single thread,,lol

no mate, its just something that is really worrying me and has been regularly on the sky sports news screen tonight as deffo going through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.