How will we work within platini's rules?

superblue91 said:
BringBackSwales said:
no mate, its just something that is really worrying me and has been regularly on the sky sports news screen tonight as deffo going through

Not on about you feller,im on about this Godzilla guy,,lol

ok mate cheers no worries, I have taken alchohol tonight so I cannot follow who is saying what to who, fecking great though being CITY, SUPER CITY, SUPER CITY FROM MAINE ROAD

BringBackSwales said:
deano ou812 said:
dont forget that us buying players from certain clubs helps that team in money terms,as like everton last season without the lescott sale they would be i think in the red, so us not spending affects other teams financial status...

try telling that to twatini
well i think there are more important people within football than platini and if push comes to shove these people behind the scenes will turn the screw on platini, regardless if his plans have already been given the green light....

Melon said:
"I'd like to be the match day sponsor. Here's £100 milion"

"I'd like to be your shirt sponsor, here's £100 Million"

"i'd like to rent that shed at the back of COMS, here's £100 Million"

If people are clever enough to make rules, there are always smarter people to break them!

This has been anticipated in the rules so won't work But don't worry there is a big time scale for this to come it and like everything will be worked around they won't exclude the English and European Champions from their comps

This is seriously bad news, as I have read there will be tests to make sure sponsorship deals are not massively over market value, which would stop Sheik Mansour injecting money via Etihad etc.

The plans are ill thought out and make no sense. It would allow clubs with huge revenues and massive debt like the Shi te remain unaffected, and would penalise clubs with no debt and huge benefactors pumping money in to the game such as us and Chelsea. He is saying the new rules are "not to punish, but to protect" how on earth would this not punish us?!

The proposals are to come in starting next season, and say clubs should break even over a 3 year period. There is absolutely no chance we could possibly do that and be competitive.

I can't see how these rules could ever really come to pass as it could be challenged in the European courts as a restriction of trade. My concern is that ADUG would see the potential pitfalls over the next few years and get cold feet and sell up.

its all bollocks.
we wait all this time to get something great at the club, and the bastards beat us back down.
it simply wont work.
do You think real break even with their wages?
barcelona?
inter?
A.C?
Chelsea?
The rags??? £1.1bil Debt. how is this self sufficient?
none of these clubs will be able to enter european competition under the new rules, making the champions league redundant, as it will be the 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th place teams taking part.
uefa will lose all the incentives for people to play and ultimately lose out on sponsorship and tv money themselves.
then, the teams excluded from the competition would make their own competition for the super rich, resulting in the best teams playing each other for the best prize. hence a new champions league is born and uefa will be begging to get on board. Fuck it, we don't need uefa as much as they need the teams under them.
new rules in 2012
new rules out 2016

BringBackSwales said:
Robinho's_thumb said:
Can't Mansour just get one of his cronies to sponsor us? Doesn't he already run/own Etihad?

deffo not, platini's rules are clear - there can be no artificial income, no false sponsorship and the clubs will basically be audited to ensure no cheating - hence those with massive incomes (real, barca, scum etc) are favoured over those with benevolent owners (City, chelsea etc)

I doubt if Real Madrid would welcome too much scrutiny of their accounts unless they were presented as an entry for the Booker prize for fiction.

As for the arguments about 'market value' with respect to sponsorships then you are in the area of defining 'market value' and what constitutes 'market value' and legal challenges to this etc etc.

Trying to get costs under control is a worthy goal and I suspect that all clubs including City and even Real would welcome something that reduced costs however these rules will at some stage be 'flexible' ie the first year that a club like Real finds itself in breach of some of the rules and potentially barred from UEFA competition. UEFA is never going to bar a club like Real in a month of Sundays so they start being 'flexible' and everyone - well everyone with financial muscle - will just take the bits they like and 'work round' the bits they don't.

Incidentally Khaldoon is on record saying that the current European model for football is not sustainable so they will not be opposed as such given they are not going to sanction huge transfer spends every summer and would ultimately welcome reduced spending on wages etc.

I think Platini has missed the point with his thinking here. It's not benevolent owners that will ruin football, it's debt and leveraged buyouts, clubs must start to live within their means. What I predict will happen is that there will less money in the transfer market so we will be able to buy players more cheaply. We're still in a great position, the project won't be derailed by this.

As City is owned 100% by the Sheik why not remove it from the stock exchange and delist it as a public company ,we would not have to produce profitt and loss statements I'm sure there is some simple reason not to do this but it would be nice to say mind your own f'n business we have not made a loss

christen at St Marks said:
As City is owned 100% by the Sheik why not remove it from the stock exchange and delist it as a public company ,we would not have to produce profitt and loss statements I'm sure there is some simple reason not to do this but it would be nice to say mind your own f'n business we have not made a loss

All English companies have to create financial statements, not just the ones that are publicly traded.

The idea isn't that you have to be profitable, but rather than you take in more than you pay out. So infusions into equity will be permitted I believe. And that is what the Sheik will need to do. Don't loan money but rather invest it.

^ I hope that's the case.

And while I agree that it IS a worthy goal - I don't want to see the likes of United and Liverpool face ruin because of crazy leveraged debt - you can't help but think that this is also a move by the cartel to keep the status quo. What chance have smaller clubs got of ever competing with the big boys if they can't use debt to fuel growth? What Platini is basically saying is that big clubs will be big clubs, and small clubs will remain small clubs. It also fundamentally misses the more significant affect on the game today - leveraged takeovers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.