How will we work within platini's rules?

Just to dispel the rumors:

1) We will have to break even. Even if Sheikh Mansour converted his shares into equity, that has no bearing on whether we have an income or loss.

2) Our sponsorships, and all transactions, will have arms-length tests and market value tests. If the Sheikh overpays for an endorsement, it will be disallowed. Inflated sponsorships won't work under the rules.

3) Most of the elite clubs of Europe won't qualify for European play under the current criteria, not to mention legal challenges, so it is questionable at best whether Platini's plans will ever be enforced.

How can any club function within his rules? Transfers fees are going to go from 80 million to 80,000?
Its a joke. Uefa needs to start by greatly reducing player wages before it begins introducing rules like this.

Depends on the details of the uefa rules

Read somewhere that owners are allowed to give money to club but not loan them the cash

Failing that I am sure this will not be a problem as sponsorship deals can be increased etc

We'll have the best in the business looking at ways to ensure that this not a problem

Melon said:
"I'd like to be the match day sponsor. Here's £100 milion"

"I'd like to be your shirt sponsor, here's £100 Million"

"i'd like to rent that shed at the back of COMS, here's £100 Million"

If people are clever enough to make rules, there are always smarter people to break them!

no, I read about this in a bit of detail yesterday and it is clear that sponsorship details must be "at arms length" and not effectively subsidies

dont forget that us buying players from certain clubs helps that team in money terms,as like everton last season without the lescott sale they would be i think in the red, so us not spending affects other teams financial status...

BringBackSwales said:
Godzilla said:
It's just talk, it won't really happen....

Greed prevails!

"it won't really happen" is based on what exactly?
They've spoken about putting caps on wages, etc for years and nothings changed...

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

I aint got a clue how but there is bound to be a loop hole in this somewhere,our fantastic owners just wouldent bother throwing money away on us would they,come on lets be honnest now if this was defo gona be the case what platini is saying,would any of us bother now if we were our owners

nickson71 said:
Depends on the details of the uefa rules

Read somewhere that owners are allowed to give money to club but not loan them the cash

Failing that I am sure this will not be a problem as sponsorship deals can be increased etc

We'll have the best in the business looking at ways to ensure that this not a problem

This is what I was on about on page 1. This is what I read too.

deano ou812 said:
dont forget that us buying players from certain clubs helps that team in money terms,as like everton last season without the lescott sale they would be i think in the red, so us not spending affects other teams financial status...

try telling that to twatini

BringBackSwales said:
superblue91 said:
Is it your mission to post on every single thread,,lol

no mate, its just something that is really worrying me and has been regularly on the sky sports news screen tonight as deffo going through

Not on about you feller,im on about this Godzilla guy,,lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.