How would City cope with a transfer ban?

A transfer ban could lead to City actually prioritising cup competitions.

We may see for instance a younger side in the carabou cup next season, perhaps even the FA Cup
You mean NOT prioritising cup competitions surely? (which we don't do right now)

Are we getting a 5 year ban then, because otherwise the thread makes no sense?

I actually thought we'd sold Manu Garcia & Brandon Barker both, good news in Garcia's case, Barker sadly will never be good enough for us. Neither will Patrick Roberts, just doesn't have the pace or (seemingly) the desire to make it at our club.

If for arguments sake we had an enduring ban on transfer then we would get to really test the ability of the academy to produce players able to step up.

What I think would happen is that we are pretty good at churning out technically good attacking midfielders & wingers and the odd CM but they tend to be box to box types and not the sort of defensive minded tackling machines that teams need. In defense we do ok for CBs but havent turned out that many right or left backs over the years. And we haven't had a decent striker come through the academy as for maybe 20 years (I'm counting Nacho as a transfer).

Genuine question - who was the last city academy striker to score more than 10 goals in a season? Was it David White?

IF a ban comes down, it definitely depends on the scope of the ban. For Barcelona several years ago, they were banned from registering new players - so it made even promoting a youth player not possible as they would have had to be registered with the federation.

So, I think it's probably far too early to speculate on how to mitigate any potential ban when the details of what it covers isn't clear

i would refuse to release our players for international friendlies, if our squad cannot be added to, no way can we risk injuries in nothing games.

Just say they’ve got a bad back - can’t be disproved. LFC already deploying this tactic With a range of mysterious ailments that all clear up by next weekend!

It’s only likely to be a 12 month ban, so all these academy players will be totally unaffected by it. The players that will help us are Ederson, Bravo, Muric, Zinchenko, Mendy, Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Kompany, Danilo, Walker, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, Bernardo, KDB, Foden, Sané, Sterling, Mahrez, Aguero, Jesus. Plus one or two others depending on where we get an injury crisis. Could well be Garcia/Sandler considering our centre back injury history.

We have enough already, without even thinking about which Academy players might step up!

BTW, didn’t see Sandler mentioned.

apparently he's all booked up for the next few years on wedding gigs.

* here we go again*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.