How would you say you are coping mentally?

2 weeks ago = 1

Possibly worst mental state of my life because of the impact of the virus, couldn’t see how the world can cope and petrified for my pregnant wife , had 4 sleepless nights and first time I’ve experienced genuine anxiety.

now = 7

still nervous, but realised so much of this is out of my control and I can only stay home, do my work from home and look after my wife and loved ones. Managed to look at the positives and take each day as it comes.
Hope all is well with pregnant wife

I live on my own so sort of use to it.
I've been running every day. I should have been doing the Manchester marathon today.
But I challenged myself to run 20 miles this morning and sponsored myself £1 a mile.
I will top that up.
Not the same buzz as a race but my way of saying thanks.

I’m fine, lads fine, she’s a fuckin nightmare

told her the other day “ you’re moaning it’s shit now, imagine if I moaned about how miserable I am at you all day as well “

shes chilled a bit
FaceTimed me Dad yesterday and he said; “I’m just hoping for good weather so I can put her outside!”... talking about my Mother who was sat right next to him, then I saw a hand crack him on the back of the head!

They spent five minutes while on FaceTime to me arguing about how many band members were in JLS. I just sat there listening and quite frankly didn’t give a shit. Then as my Mum was naming the four members, my Dad, with a smile on his face, held three fingers up at me on the phone. I saw the hand crack him on the back of the head again.

They’re off their heads. No way will my Mum last 12+ weeks without sticking a knife in my Dad!

I'm ok so far. Obviously worried about everyone but not letting it engulf me. I have had mild depression my whole adult life and have strategies to manage that. I do feel for people who have it far worse than me. Especially since we are all isolated and places like this I feel are a great resource where we can keep in touch, take the piss out of each other and offer support to our number who are struggling.

Stay safe and talk if you're feeling down, even if it's just to call me a fried mars bar eating jock ****.

Finding it real tough.
Coincided with me moving out of the family home just before this all broke amongst a few other things and that was bad enough.
I'be just been reaching out to more people socially (whatsApp etc) talking, sending stuff. I'm finding compartmentalising everything in small routines is helping. An evening run, then catch up on a decent box set. I've also been hammering some online courses and resources along with networking...asking questions constantly. I used to think coped up with a family is really tough (and it can be...watch the divorces that come out of this) but I miss all that noise and energy terribly. Able to see the kids as we've been in close proximity anyway but my new place isn't particularly a home from home for them, but that's something I need to resolve in the future.
Christ...I pine for the family dog I once never wanted.

I do think if I do come out of this particular spot then I can probably handle anything. It's a toughening period that's for sure. Most of us will have a tale to tell post pandemic. A commonality that might give more of us increased empathy towards our fellow humans.

I'm ok so far. Obviously worried about everyone but not letting it engulf me. I have had mild depression my whole adult life and have strategies to manage that. I do feel for people who have it far worse than me. Especially since we are all isolated and places like this I feel are a great resource where we can keep in touch, take the piss out of each other and offer support to our number who are struggling.

Stay safe and talk if you're feeling down, even if it's just to call me a fried mars bar eating jock ****.

I wouldn't call you that mate.

I will just think it :)

I get to work from home and as I work for the NHS (not frontline obviously) I'm very busy and it's giving me a good focus. I'd really struggle without work.

Daughter and dog here half the week and with her mum the other half. If the lockdown got worse and she couldn't swap between houses I'd be fucked though I reckon.

Today I'm sat in my garden with a book and a bottle of beer. It feels good to be able to pause and not always feel like you need to be doing something. I'm about 8 I think - seeing as though before Christmas I'd have been hard pressed to put that at a 1, I feel very lucky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.