Howard Webb

Against Spuds Webb called the Mario incident right imo before the FA told Webb that he'd changed his mind. As a result Mario won the game for us. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now...

clarkie_ni said:
the biggest joke was when granny shagger threw the ball down in complete descent after Ivanovic foul in the first half. i mean slammed it with all his might into the ground.
of course webb shows Ivanovic a yellow and nothing for rooney.

then the last free kick of the game, scholes fouls mata, scholes imediately gets up and does another arm throwing session of descent, webb yet again no yellow card.

imagine if that was balo in that case, instant yellow 100% of the time.....
your kidding if it was mario it would have been red....

deano ou812 said:
clarkie_ni said:
the biggest joke was when granny shagger threw the ball down in complete descent after Ivanovic foul in the first half. i mean slammed it with all his might into the ground.

then the last free kick of the game, scholes fouls mata, scholes imediately gets up and does another arm throwing session of descent, webb yet again no yellow card.

see post above ;-)

Balti said:
deano ou812 said:
clarkie_ni said:

see post above ;-)
your probably spot on with that,but imo webb is still a cnut, although if he had'nt gave the last min pen for us,he would be an even bigger cnut.. :-)

Someone should put together a dossier of all the incidents, Howard and United would be duly punished.

granny shagger threw the ball down in complete descent

Yeah, he went down in my estimation there. How the mighty have fallen. No climbdown from him after the game. His recent dip in form shows he's in decline.

And yes, I am Richard Stilgoe in disguise.

Webb is supposed to be the best we have..

Makes the rest look like window lickers then.

Re: Howard Webb Top Ref or Real Big Wanker?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
'Top ref' is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as a top ref in the English game. They make the most appalling, fundamental, and puerile mistakes. I wouldn't pay 'em in pork pies for the performances I seen at the Etihad this season. Factor in the performances you can see on televised sport and it is unquestionable that the arbitration of football in this country is in the direst straits it's been in for twenty years or more.

The game is too quick and players too clever these days when it comes to diving for one ref and two assistants it seems to make the correct decisions on each occasion.

Its a bit like Murphy's law , if they can get it wrong they will.

Look at us v Fulham on Saturday , AJ does a good job of making sure the ref saw the contact that he initiated.

The ref is alerted to the fact that he has been conned after the event and fails to give the nailed on penalty that Silva should have got in an effort to even the score.

Wellbeck's theatrics were more clearcut than AJ's but Webb decides that a 12 goal differential may be a bit too much for Manure to pull in.

Most referees would not have given either penalty that Webb gave unless they were in Fergies pocket.

All refs want to be in charge of the big games and it seems the more controversy the ref creates the bigger the chance he has of getting the next one.

Webb is no better or worse than most of the others when it comes to poor decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.