How's your mood after the RM game?

Like everyone else, I'm sure, I've had a few nightmares about Bernardo's penalty since Wednesday night. Unbelievably bad it was. But then I think what a phenomenal performer he has been for us in the Pep era and all is good again. I recall, in particular, that fantastic performance against Liverpool a few seasons ago, which we won 2-1 and Bernardo must have run a marathon that night, he was all over the pitch, challenging, winning possession etc. Maybe he has not quite reached "statue" levels, but when he is gone, we should remember him for the brilliant player that he is, rather than that dreadful penalty.

Put this in perspective it’s a cup game, we are far the best team in the world at the moment, two of the four semi finalists are nowhere near winning their respective leagues. The other two are in considerably weaker leagues as well. I’ve never bought into if you win the CL you are best in Europe that’s like saying winning the fa cup you’re the best in England, just look at the many upsets over the years, Wigan anyone! We battered Madrid and everyone knows it even though they won’t say it, penalties to win oh how the mighty Madrid have fallen, this bollocks of them been mentality monsters is shit, the first 5 wins were an invitation only tournament, there next was some years later in 66 it then took them 22 years to win another, in the 2010s it was the Ronaldo show. So if you take away their first 6 they are only slightly ahead of Liverpool.
Stop buying into it and see it fir what it is, a cash cow and a fixed one at that, our own domestic league is the only one that matters, unfortunately the players and clubs have bought into this been crowned champions of Europe. If Dortmund win (I hope they do) does anybody on here think they are in anyway the best in Europe?
The true measure would be a league (yes I know super league) and I’d guarantee Madrid would fall away if played anywhere near that intensity every week, I wouldn’t even watch with the bad referees and constant theatrics.
So heads up for tomorrow again we could batter Chelsea and lose on penalties but it’s just a cup game and there’s always next year. If we win the league then we deserve it, it’s too close to call but I will be back in August all over again.

I feel OK as long as I don’t think about the loss or obsess about WTF happened between steamrolling teams like Real Madrid and Arsenal at home last season and looking like a team trying to shoot billiards with a wet noodle this season against the same clubs.

Not bothered about tomorrow. No way can we top last year and know if we get to the final bent officials will do their best to hand it to the rags again, this year they may succeed. Would rest key players tomorrow and go all out for four in a row.

I'd wager I'm feeling considerably worse than you lot as I have to put up with their arrogant entitled fans on a daily basis, crowing about how they're going to win the 15th. If we'd lost to Bayern or Barça I wouldn't be that bothered, but the white shite do my head in.

I'm not a big fan of the chumps league tbh.
It's a misnomer of a competition as a lot of teams involved aren't even champions in their own league, (spuds are a classic example).
However, it would have been nice to have defended our title at Etihad south before the new format comes in.
One good thing to come out of it though, even if the rags scrape 5th they will definitely not now get a C/L spot.
Happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.