HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

No. Albert was far more influential than Philip, and but for him the monarchy might be long gone. He was president of the Society for the Improvement of the Condition of the Labouring Classes, which virtually invented council housing (Victoria Buildings in Ancoats might better be called Albert Buildings). My wife met him when she got her DoE gold award (I thought she actually liked going for country walks!), and that scheme is excellent, but Albert's legacy is far more important in our history.

But if someone says Prince albert now does any of that come to mind of the average person or more like that it's a name of a piercing for ya bellend?

White van no doubt.
You really are a precious bloke , there's plenty on here who will drive "white vans". FYI, I'm semi retired, run my own business, employ another blue and do some work for another poster on here who's business is reliant on "white vans".

Plenty of people still watch the 4 main channels religously and will have their routine on certain shows, also not everyone in the country has access to digital channels still.

I have watched only about 10 hrs of the main channels all this year and spend more time on netflix/prime/nowtv so todays coverage hasn't bothered me but many more still are core beeb fans.

It seems a lot of complaints are about things like bbc4 going off which seems stupid with double coverage on 1 & 2, strangely every friday a top UK trend is the repeats of TOTP on bbc4 and was again trending last night with people moaning it wasn't on.

Also the radio stations blanket coverage, I expect many who tune into 1Xtra or 6music gave not a shit about this yet they had the channels removed, where if they had been interested then 5live, the news channel would have been enough to tune into.

Can understand why some were complaining about overkill, people have routines and unless this directly affected them or they really cared that much they wouldn't want their routines changed, jist what people are.
Well and truly OTT, not watched any of it, no interest whatsoever.

Welll if one thing has happened, it has given the poppy police something to do in their more quiet months, spotting anyone not wearing black

Operation fourth bridge does demand it though so I suppose like those moaning about the coverage yesterday, those upset at a green tie also are correct to complain as is their right.

It’s all a little too much, I agree. People frivolously wasting their time complaining about minutiae and petty point scoring.
And it’s Forth Bridge...

As the residents of Hitlerstrasse can testify.
But if someone says Prince albert now does any of that come to mind of the average person or more like that it's a name of a piercing for ya bellend?
That depends what how much the average person knows about history compared to intimate piercings. I'll leave you to do the research.

They should have put these in the ott news coverage, at least it gave a more accurate reflection of him, the Royals Bernard Manning I guess.

Well and truly OTT, not watched any of it, no interest whatsoever.
How do you know it’s OTT if you’ve not watched any of it? And if you’ve no interest in it, why do you keep posting about it?

After top of the pops and then followed by the old grey whistle test, all three trended last night as some people were unhappy none were shown
I think their beef was that it was unnecessary for the bbc to effectively say to licence fee payers it is immoral and inappropriate to watch normal tele.

cancelling of women’s football seems to be particularly foolish thing to do given the issues there are with awareness exposure of the girls game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.