HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

You could never accuse me of being a monarchist but this is a man who remained steadfastly devoted to his wife for over 70 years agreeing to play second fiddle to her at all times. That is duty.

The man deserves a huge amount of respect.

Sad day. Been on the cards for a while though.

Deepest sympathies to the family.

Interesting to see what the Queen will do now as she is the current head of the military as well as the Head of State. If she does step down then there will be a lot of badges, flags and crests to be changed because all the current ones are based on the Queens crown..
She may step down next year after reaching her Platinum anniversary on the throne.

73 years of marriage, know the queen will feel so greatful she got to spend so many years with the man she loved. Many don't get so lucky but I'm sure she will be truly devastated.

So I'm assuming he's not entitled to a state funeral but he certainly deserves one and I'm sure after his long service his wife will grant him one

73 years of marriage, know the queen will feel so greatful she got to spend so many years with the man she loved. Many don't get so lucky but I'm sure she will be truly devastated.

So I'm assuming he's not entitled to a state funeral but he certainly deserves one and I'm sure after his long service his wife will grant him one
He would have been entitled to a state funeral as consort but apparently declined that. Won’t even have a ceremonial funeral, preferring instead a military funeral, which will be smaller and private.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.