Huddersfield (H) Pre Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might see the Aguero and Jesus combination. The defence be the same what way we work the midfield i dont know wouldnt mind seeing the old style 4-4-2.
Midfield of Sterling and Sane on the wings. Midfield 2 of Fernadhino and Bernardo. But with Pep you just wouldnt know what way we will go.

Say the same for every game but hit them fast early goal and it will be a massacre
No team can live with us when we are in front
Once plan A - park the bus is over so is the game.
Just gotta kill teams off early and put a marker down
With our first six games we need to push Liverpool so much and let them know where they stand early

Hi I won a pair of tickets for this game and none of my mates can make it, so have one of the tickets available. Please let me know if you see this and need a ticket.

Say the same for every game but hit them fast early goal and it will be a massacre
No team can live with us when we are in front
Once plan A - park the bus is over so is the game.
Just gotta kill teams off early and put a marker down
With our first six games we need to push Liverpool so much and let them know where they stand early
Gets on my craw the new SKY sports advert of Salah scoring against City at Klanfield - from Eddie's kick out.
Creamin' it already. God I would like to see another 5-0 for us.

All I know is is very been following CITY for over forty years.
And I can't remember being this excited about a first home game of the season.
COME ON CITY
C.T.I.D

Early goal needed for us so at least them playing a flat back 9 will just be about our goal difference.

Much as I like their manager they were a disgrace (and yes I know they're limited) in both games last season.
I think that's very harsh on us. If we tried to take you on you'd pump us 10-1 again. I agree it's not pretty the ultra defensive style but we have to do it I'm afraid. We managed to get a point at the Etihad (unbelievable) that contributed massively to our survival. To call us a disgrace is very unfair, we gave you a real challenge...and I'm sure Pep enjoys the challenge on some level.

I know Chelsea beat 'Udders 3-0 last weekend but does anyone know how/if 'Udders had many pre-season games?
and how did they play/line up.?
Interesting to see if they played very defensively
We were quite unlucky in the first half vs Chelsea, I was totally bemused at half time that the score was 2-0.
Second half they completely dominated and we barely had a sniff.

We had a decent preseason, managed to comfortably beat Lyon and Leipzig (also lost to Accrington to show how meaningless preseason is!)

As for tactics, expect the blockade. It got us 5 points vs the top six last season, which helped keep us up. Against the other 13 sides, it will be our usual high press...hopefully with the addition of some better wingers we should offer more of a goal threat this season. Our strikers are fine, they just have to feed off scraps (due to poor wingers).

I think that's very harsh on us. If we tried to take you on you'd pump us 10-1 again. I agree it's not pretty the ultra defensive style but we have to do it I'm afraid. We managed to get a point at the Etihad (unbelievable) that contributed massively to our survival. To call us a disgrace is very unfair, we gave you a real challenge...and I'm sure Pep enjoys the challenge on some level.

You are absolutely right, its just that some fans cannot comprehend that most teams have to come defensively minded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.