Huddersfield (H) - Sun 7th Jan, 14:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
City also had a tremendous run in the FA Cup that year too; starting two days after the Huddersfield game on 3rd January 1966.,,against Blackpool,an outstanding run to the quarter finals, needing replays in nearly every tie.

The 6th round tie against 1st div Everton went to two replays ,after a 0-0 draw at both Maine rd ...and Goodison( Stan Horse's greatest ever game for City) before losing 2nil in the 2nd replay on neutral ground.

1966 could have been a league and cup double year,which would have been an outstanding season,but beating a top top team like Everton was a step too far for us...at that time.
That was the season when Gobshite Crerand had a bet with Big Mal that we wouldn't get 25000 all season and that the club was finished etc etc. That bet lasted all of one game with 25000 attending the first home game against Wolves. We then went on to get noticeable gates of 34k and 47k(against Huddersfield funnily enough)in league games, but it was in the FA Cup we got astronomical crowds for a then 2nd division(championship now) team. 52k against Blackpool, 56k against Leicester and wait for it, 63'300 against Everton..and guess what ? Scum only got one higher attendance(Benfica aka Eusebio- in European cup)all season. So Paddy, lil ole Cidddy wasn't done for after all.

Last edited:
That was the season when Gobshite Crerand had a bet with either Buzzer or Doyle(may of been Franny) that we wouldn't get 25000 all season and that the club was finished etc etc. That bet lasted all of one game with 25000 attending the first home game against Wolves. We then went on to get noticeable gates of 34k and 47k in league games, but it was in the FA Cup we got astronomical crowds for a then 2nd division(championship now) team. 52k against Blackpool, 56k against Leicester and wait for it, 63'300 against Everton..and guess what ? Scum only got one higher attendance(Benfica aka Eusebio- in European cup)all season. So Paddy, lil ole Cidddy wasn't done for after all.
Malcolm Allison had the bet :)

I have fond memories of that game. The day before was New Years Eve and I was at a party in Northern Moor area of Wythenshawe. The guy who was hosting the party announced just after midnight that Ralph Brand lived not far away. So twelve pissed up Wythenshawe lads decided it would be the decent thing to help a Scot in a foreign land welcome in the new year. We knocked on the door, I think it was johnny Crossan who answered and he amazingly invited us all in. Most of the City team that would be playing that day were there. We had a few drinks and left. The team amazingly played brilliant and won a hard fought game 2-1. My everlasting memory is Johny Crosson puking up on the pitch mid game.
My first game as full on fan, hat, scarf, rosette, rattle. Loved it, confirmed me as a blue for life. Had tagged along to a few with my dad the previous year or two and gradually got more interested something clicked when they got an ovation a month or 2 before v Norwich i think . Was a great season as we came through past Coventry and Huddersfield and Southampton eventually went up as runners up

Any news from the presser?
Sounded like Kev, Haaland and Doku might not be risked for Sunday but are back training. No news on Stones other than not training and no news on Phillips other than hes sick.

That's all sky really showed other than Pep wishing all the media a happy new year as in peps dead pan words, 'You all really deserve it'.

Edit: Just read as well Rodri is in Spain due to the passing of his grandma.

Any news from the presser?
Rodri in Spain due to the passing of his gran, may or may not be available, on him to decide. Bernardo, Nunes, phillips and Carson all have/had the same illness, no indication of their availability.

Doku and kdb feeling good and training, pep wont go as far as to say theyre ready. haaland bit behind them but starting to train. Stones still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.