Huddersfield (H) - Sun 7th Jan, 14:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my take;

injured = Stones
not ready = Haaland, Doku, KdB (the latter might get minutes)
away = Rodri
ill = Silva, Phillips, Nunes, Carson

------------ Ortega ------------
Walker --- Dias --- Akanji --- Gomez
----------- Lewis --- Kovacic----------
Hamilton Foden --- Bobb --- Grealish
-------------- Alvarez-----------------

Ederson, Ake, Gvardiol, De Bruyne, Haaland, some others.

the problem actually lies centrally, with Rodri, Nunes, Phillips and Silva all out.

edit: whoops, forgot to delete Hamilton

Last edited:
Can't say I really normally give 'Udders' much thought (apart from when I think about the 10:1), their manager Darren Moore does seem a decent bloke though.
However, having had a quick look at one of their forums where the thread for the match is' Man C (Abu Dhabi Utd)' it would be nice to
respond to such bitterness with' a bit of a drubbing'!
Their fans (there do seem to be some rational ones on there to be fair) seem a bit split between giving it a good old go and basically playing the kids as they think they'll get twatted anyway.
We seem to have a few illness/injury concerns so , as others have said, who knows who will play? Ofcourse it should be comfortable on paper, but i'm never one to count my chickens when it comes to City, or should it be sheep in this case?(there's a good bit of regional stereotyping) as we have lost to Forest, Boro and Wigan at home from that Division in the not so distant past!

my take;

injured = Stones
not ready = Haaland, Doku, KdB (the latter might get minutes)
away = Rodri
ill = Silva, Phillips, Nunes, Carson

------------ Ortega ------------
Walker --- Dias --- Akanji --- Gomez
----------- Lewis --- Kovacic----------
Hamilton --- Foden --- Bobb --- Grealish
-------------- Alvarez-----------------

Ederson, Ake, Gvardiol, De Bruyne, Haaland, some others.

the problem actually lies centrally, with Rodri, Nunes, Phillips and Silva all out.
That does still seem a decent line up, even with the absentees. We may not get away with starting with 12 though!

Always respect the FA Cup and the lower league teams you have to play home or away, Any sort of patched up team pep picks will give their best and that is all we ask,

I hope we give a start to Susoho. This seems like the opportunity for him to come in; being the only option outside of Kovacic to start in that defensive midfield role. Could see a lineup of this, something to the effect:

Ortega
Rico Akanji Ake Gvardiol
Susoho
Foden Kova
Bobb Alvarez Hamilton

I hope we give a start to Susoho. This seems like the opportunity for him to come in; being the only option outside of Kovacic to start in that defensive midfield role. Could see a lineup of this, something to the effect:

Ortega
Rico Akanji Ake Gvardiol
Susoho
Foden Kova
Bobb Alvarez Hamilton
No chance

Ortega
Rico Akanji Ake Gvardiol
Susoho
Foden Kova
Bobb Alvarez Hamilton
Much though on paper it looks good having 5 lads who've come through the academy on the pitch (which it does) I don't think Pep would go with that line up, as it isn't strong enough. Perrsonally I don't think we can just assume we will beat them with whoever we put out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.