Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I have no issue with Hughes calling, anyone he sees fit out, hell I have done the same as a manager in my line of work. However making anyone wait 1 hour after saying see me in my office now, is fucking stupid and if true I have lost ALL my respect for him as a man and as our manager.
Can you not remember what he said? He got told of someone who got told off someone who got told off an insider. Im sure that if this story was true (which I doubt it is) its going to have changed alot from the first story and I believe this is bullshit

If it is true fair play to Hughes

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
scorer said:
Am I correct in assuming you disagree with my views... sorry bout that old chap....

We need rid of Hughes. When we're in the bottom three in February, dont you dare come on here critiscing Hughes and crying about it - you wont be welcome on my bandwagon.

Before you try and spin my post into some fluffy pro Hughes one (which I am neither pro nor anti at the moment!), lets look at the comment you have just made.

To "be cruel to be kind", you would quite happily see City keep losing if it meant we got rid of Hughes. Now I am all for a bit of balance but the one thing I can't stand in life is illogical and irrational mutterings of a certifiable one-amp, of which you are certainly one.

Trust me, your band wagon is one I don't want to be within 100 yards of. I'll make my decision on Hughes based on reason, results, and only after there has been sufficient time to do so. I will never want City to lose under any circumstances.

You have been spouting off about Hughes before his team had kicked a ball, so don't come now saying you made a balanced decision that he wasn't good enough. If he doesn't make it, well then that's fine, if he does make then you will still find something to go on about him because you're just one of those sorts of fans. You shout louder than all in the bad times, but I note your absence on here when we have a good result.

City are so lucky to have fans like you.

You write complete and utter rubbish, but nonetheless I still repect the fact that like me you are entitled to an opinion.

The fact you are unable to make an opinion on someone who inherited a squad that finished 9th in the league and then added around £70m of players, who then goes on to put is in the relegation fight certainly deserve to be analysed - and if need be criticised - even if he is the City boss. But I hasten to add you are entitled to your view from the fence.

About losing games and getting rid of hughes. At this moment in time, this season is already written off with Hughes in charge, my opinion, right or wrong who knows? In this circumstance I would prefer Hughes gone at the earliest opportunity, again if this does not agree with your view, so be it. Insults rarely achieve anythng, least of all getting your point across.

FWIW my first thread about Hughes was entitled Hughes I cant make my mind up... or something like that. I went on to explain that I had deep reservations about his style and quality of football at Blackburn, I then suggested that he may well improve withe better class players (which I believe he had and has got at City). I will admit that I was not prepared to give him too long on account that he had never won anything (which is true), though I hasten to add the fact he played for Ushited had nothing and has nothing to do with it. I never liked him as a player and I have never liked him as a manager, sorry about that but that is the way it is for me.

I won't lose too much sleep about you not coming on board the bandwagon, and I think I can just about deal with the stress that brings me, but dont worry I'll survive (unlike Mr Hughes).

As for when we win game, I know the opportunity does not present itelf too often but I did praise the performance against Portsmouth and in particular Schalke. I even complimented Hughes on his team selection on Saturday against Everton, why they couldn't perform is a question I am not in a position (nor am I paid) to answer. That said Mark Hughes is both the peron to ask and the person who is paid to answer such quetions.

I agree City are lucky to have supporters like me, as they are to have supporters like you.

If these views cut across your view and opinions, just accept it and move on... dont get o wound up over what other may think. It really isn't good for you!

Personally I don't believe a word of it. No offence DD, just don't believe the guy who spoke to the other guy who played golf with the other guy was anything like "an insider". By my reckoning MCFC employ somethign like 600 staff at COMS/Carrington going off the number of "insider" related threads there are knocking about.

Blue_Blue said:
I have no issue with Hughes calling, anyone he sees fit out, hell I have done the same as a manager in my line of work. However making anyone wait 1 hour after saying see me in my office now, is fucking stupid and if true I have lost ALL my respect for him as a man and as our manager.
Can you not remember what he said? He got told of someone who got told off someone who got told off an insider. Im sure that if this story was true (which I doubt it is) its going to have changed alot from the first story and I believe this is bullshit

If true and I question it as much as you do, then the guy is a total ass.

Since when has having a laugh in training been against the law? I thought it was all part of the banter/team building

Obviously if it becomes disruptive then thats a different matter

Blue_Blue said:

If true and I question it as much as you do, then the guy is a total ass.
I mean if he said what he said to him in front of everyone and got him in his office then fair play not leaving him stood outside, thats the bit i dont believe. It was one hour then two its just bollocks

This is a punishment? Arsing around in a centrally-heated foyer whilst the boss pulls a sulky face in the next room? Wow... now that's the sort of disciplinarian we've been crying out for! What next for bad boy Elano? A six month sabbatical in sunny Italy? As if...

I know, I know... I'm just being facetious. All a matter of perspective, though, innit?

My best mate's dads hairdresser spoke to his uncles neighbour who knows the BT guy fixing the phone opposite the stadium and he saw hughes sticking his tongue out at michael johnson behind his back, bang out of order, deserves to go. Mr cook has also been caught putting chewing gum under his desk which is a diabolical liberty.

Didsbury Dave said:
Strong is one's thing, but leaving him waiting for over an hour? That's just bad mannered and arrogant. The bloke actually said it was 2 hours but I reduced it to allow for the exaggeration factor..

Its pathetic if you ask me and he needs to grow and treat people with the respect that you expect back

MY OPINION :Let's be honest. It's been over a year since Elano had a decent game for us and Hughes is way out of his depth.
NOT MY OPINION - JUST THE FACTUAL TRUTH: We're only out of the BOTTOM 3 by goal difference.

How anyone can keep defending Hughes is beyond me. The huge wages he gets mean that he is paid to be responsible for the position we're in.
And if Diarra goes to Real Madrid, bang goes his midfield plans.
We're stumbling from shite to more shite as the weeks go by.
WAKE UP !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.