Hughes In Or Out ?

jeffmr2 said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
in!!!! how can you judge hughes? we bought 4 players in the summer before the 08/09 season, 4 players in the january after that and he's just bought 6 players!!! how the hell do you expect them to play?? instantly fuctional? instantly amazing? NO!! any rational fan would think there would be hundreds of little problems in the team that makes 1 big one!! GIVE HIM TIME!! YOU CANT EXPECT A TEAM TO GEL AFTER 11 GAMES! ESPECIALLY THE BACK 4! imo hughes has coped brilliantly considering the amount of egoistic personalities in our squad

I'm not having a go but what i cant get my head around is we were instantly functional and instantly amazing for the first 5/6 games of the season,now we are pretty dire.What changes have we made since the Dunne out for Lescott,Ireland out for De Jong? These surely cant be the reasons for our decline.I'm trying hard to keep the faith but struggling to see any positives from our recent games.

it was the morale boost from all the new BIG-NAME signings IMO. like "new manager syndrome" a team usually play well under a new manager for the 1st few games and this must have the same effect

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
jeffmr2 said:
I'm not having a go but what i cant get my head around is we were instantly functional and instantly amazing for the first 5/6 games of the season,now we are pretty dire.What changes have we made since the Dunne out for Lescott,Ireland out for De Jong? These surely cant be the reasons for our decline.I'm trying hard to keep the faith but struggling to see any positives from our recent games.

it was the morale boost from all the new BIG-NAME signings IMO. like "new manager syndrome" a team usually play well under a new manager for the 1st few games and this must have the same effect

Yeah quite possibly,it was great while it lasted and hopefully we will be playing even better soon.

jeffmr2 said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

Yeah quite possibly,it was great while it lasted and hopefully we will be playing even better soon.

i would expect it would take until january to gel. and also we are in the quater finals of the carling cup so it cant be that bad :)

I was a Hughes outer at the weekend. After a few days to reflect, i'm still leaning towards what i was thinking at the weekdend.

However i like the way he presents himself and i like the way he represents the club. Generally speaking he comes across very well and he sticks up for his team (for want of a better phrase) a lot (unlike Pearce imo).

Maybe the problem is down to the coaching set-ups right throughout the club. I've said this before, but Barcelona are so good because they have exactly the same coaching set-up and philosophy right from the Junior teams right up to the first team. The way the play is beautiful. I'd love something like that to be done at City, but with Hughes in charge i really can't see any of that changing.

We look a bad side. Somehow we've become hard to beat whilst looking unbelievably vulnerable. Defensively we are an accident waiting to happen. In midfield we don't seem to know how to put our foot on the ball and dictate and dominate, depsite on paper having an excellent team. We lack creativity despite the fact we have flair, pace and good technique in the final third. I'd go as far as saying, if it wasn't for Given, we'd be about 6 or 7 points worse off - and at that point, the pressure would really be on Hughes.

Like most i suppose i'm still undecided. I like him and i want him to succeed, but as the weeks have gone by, my optimism has turned to pessimism. Having said that, a win at Anfield and i'll be starting the official Mark Hughes fanclub.

I support the team. Whether Hughes is in or not. And common sense tells me replacing a manager because of a dip in form when at times we've just been unlucky does not make sense.

He can't motivate his players - well, I congradulate the guy who did the first team survey to find this out as all I hear from within the squad through the media is different.

He has same old excuses for every poor performance - bad performances (individual and team) are dealt with behind closed doors, brining the media into a clubs internal affairs is bad - that seems obvious enough.

He is tactically stubborn - in all fairness, if a team plays a tactic consistently, they will get good at it. It's not having to look where the others are, its free flowing football. Last year when we played our 4-2-3-1 tactic, lots of people were pleased here when he said he'd like to have players to play 4-4-2. Now suddenly it's a problem.

To be fair though, I'm not in the know about what happens in the club, nor is anyone else here. So why should I want to dismantle something that the people who are involved with it, say works well? Trusting Mr. PaulPowerShower (or something) who is a self-claimed oracle for 'nailing it on' about why he is not good enough for the team? No thanks, I'll stick to what Stevie Ireland and the others there are saying.

jeffmr2 said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
in!!!! how can you judge hughes? we bought 4 players in the summer before the 08/09 season, 4 players in the january after that and he's just bought 6 players!!! how the hell do you expect them to play?? instantly fuctional? instantly amazing? NO!! any rational fan would think there would be hundreds of little problems in the team that makes 1 big one!! GIVE HIM TIME!! YOU CANT EXPECT A TEAM TO GEL AFTER 11 GAMES! ESPECIALLY THE BACK 4! imo hughes has coped brilliantly considering the amount of egoistic personalities in our squad

decline lol
lost one game all season

one loss, 1/4 final LC and lying 6th. Why would you consider getting rid ? Its a results game we're doing just fine. I'm 100% Hughes in and come the end of the season I would expect the makers of humble pie will be very wealthy people indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.