Hughes Needed More Time

panzer1311

ok tin hat on........mark hughes should have been given more time than 18 months. some of the posts on this forum are ridiculous, ie " hughes's style of football was shite".....ive been to all the home games this year. and most of the time we have played attacking/attractive football!, maybe some games (hull) we tried to walk the ball in the net, but haven't aresenal been "accused" of that? the problem was the defence, and yes they are hughes's signings. but 18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding,i think given time he would have made more signings like bellamy/de jong etc.......... iam 100% behind any decision ADUG make, (city are my concern not mark hughes) but they should have given him this saeson at least

Could you not have added this to one of the other 10000 Hughes threads........

YAWN

Move on!

EddH said:
Could you not have added this to one of the other 10000 Hughes threads........

YAWN

Move on!

most of the other threads say the same thing, huges was a shit manager/rag/twat.........sorry guys

I strongly disagree. Maybe a few months is too short a time for a defence to become world class but it should only take a fortnight of training for professional footballers to learn how to defend a set piece together as a group. Months later and we're conceding free headers in the 6 yard box to Sunderland, which is not an isolated incident. Given more time Hughes would have taken City higher, but he had £230 million and a year and a half and cannot be said to have been impressive in that time.

Dobsy87 said:
I strongly disagree. Maybe a few months is too short a time for a defence to become world class but it should only take a fortnight of training for professional footballers to learn how to defend a set piece together as a group. Months later and we're conceding free headers in the 6 yard box to Sunderland, which is not an isolated incident. Given more time Hughes would have taken City higher, but he had £230 million and a year and a half and cannot be said to have been impressive in that time.
the defence vs sunderland was ravaged by injury.no team in the prem can afford to lose 3 players out 4 and still be solid..............i mean the defence was shit at full strengh...so a weakened one was bound to struggle

panzer1311 said:
ok tin hat on........mark hughes should have been given more time than 18 months. some of the posts on this forum are ridiculous, ie " hughes's style of football was shite".....ive been to all the home games this year. and most of the time we have played attacking/attractive football!, maybe some games (hull) we tried to walk the ball in the net, but haven't aresenal been "accused" of that? the problem was the defence, and yes they are hughes's signings. but 18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding,i think given time he would have made more signings like bellamy/de jong etc.......... iam 100% behind any decision ADUG make, (city are my concern not mark hughes) but they should have given him this saeson at least

Hahahaha "18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding" what a crock of shit, MH replaced the center halfs Left back and right back with his own choices. He rarely played Zab and Toure and Lescott are useless, He also signed Bridge and he was awful for his first 6 months. He somehow managed to turn Robinho and Ade into two players not interested in playing for the club. His tactics were awful and his use of subs were totally useless. He spent over £200m and the only two signings that constantly shown worth their price tag was Given and Bellers. He was turning us into a laughing stock and a mid table team when we should have been in the top 4 as the usual top 4 teams are struggling this season.

But most of all he was a rag and i for one am glad he's gone :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.