Hughes Out Brigade - Tatical Board

I think you're slightly missing the point mate. It's too simplistic an outlook. Anyone can try and pick the right team and formation and I would say MH has pretty much got that bit right.

Plus I think his signings have been mostly spot on.

But it's his inability to knit these players into a cohesive unit where his failings lie. Plus he seems unable to motivate them. I would think that these are the most important aspects of management? Even above the formation or team selection etc

I like Mark Hughes and I think he can do a good job at most clubs but we have very exceptional circumstances at City at the moment and I think it needs a big person to take this massive job on. I personally dont think he is right for the job because he lacks the credentials in dealing with top players and getting them to play top football.

All this talk about who has the best tactics ideas etc is just bllx. Football aint a complicated game so dont make out it is. The question of Hughes in or out can be summed up in one question with a simple yes or no answer option.

When a club has spent £200M on players is it a good return on that £200M to have acheived

2 points more than Sunderland and Stoke City, yes I did say Stoke City, you know the long throw merchents.
3 points more than Fulham
4 points more than Birmingham.

Yes things could get better but they could get worse. No reason why they should get worse, equally no reason why they will get better. One third of the season gone and unless something changes we have wasted another 12 months.

Chippy_boy said:
wilf9 said:
I will keep it short and sweet. I would play a 4 2 3 1

Given
Zab
Toure
Onuha
Lescott
De Jong
Kompany
Bellamy
Tevez
Robinho
Adebyeor

Tevez and bellamy have to work there socks off and track the runs of the full backs. because that diamond sucks you into the middle. really making it a 4 5 1. The only way you will beat chelsea is to win the strength battle in the midfield area.

The problem as I see it with that is the lack of link up between defence and attack. You have a very defensive midfield pairing in De Jong and Kompany, and a very attack minded front 4. But who's going to play the through balls to the front men?

This is where Ireland plays such a brilliant midfield role. He can spot a runner and feeds the front men in a way that Kompany and De Jong never can do. In my view we would struggle to create opportunities with your line up. Bellamy, Tevez and Robinho would keep coming deep to retrieve the ball leaving Adebayor isolated and ineffectual upfront.

I'd rather play Ireland instead of Kompany (in midfield) and I'd push Tevez further upfield and tell him to work close to Adebayor.

But heck, what do I know ;-)

Don't know what you know but I agree with your assessment with the exception of Tevez whom I'd move on to the bench and use as an Impact player. He plays with his head down far to much for me and looks more threatening against tiring teams

My XI for Chelsea:

----------------------------Given---------------------

-------Richards-------Toure-------Lescott--------Bridge

-----------------------De Jong-----Barry---------------

-------Wright-Phillips--------Ireland---------Bellamy-----

---------------------------Adeybayor------------------

My eleven for chelski

Given
Onohua RB Kompany CB Toure CB Lescott LB
Zabba DM De Jong DM Barry DM
Tevez AMR ROBINHO AML
Adebayor ST

this would totally combat chelsea and IMO stop them attacking!

my alternative 11 to have a right go at them as don't think many teams do,:

Given
Ohohua RB Kompany CB Lescott CB Bridge LB
Weiss MR De Jong DM Ireland MC Robinho ML
Tevez ST Adebayor ST

i still believe is a player i would throw in the mix to give chelsea something to think about, he has come on so much and i would defy anyone to say he has not played well at international level, look at what he did at both barcelona and against jonny evans when he played against ireland, GIVE HIM A GO!!!!

Bossman Blue said:
One third of the season gone and unless something changes we have wasted another 12 months.

I'm afraid that is now a certainty.

He looked like a tit by the end of last season and we made a mistake in not getting rid sooner imho.

I think i know where MH goes wrong

He should sort out his tictacs on the psp or x box 360 like all the best know alls on here do it

its simple

Well we don't have to worry about Chelsea playing negative tactics so I'd play:

----------Given
Toure Onohua Lescott Bridge
---Kompany DeJong Barry
------Ireland Robinho
----------Ade

Subs:
- Taylor (Christ if he comes on we're fecked)
- Richards
- Johno
- Tevez
- Bellers
- Weis
- RSC

Toure out to RB till Christmas because he played there for Arse quite a lot. He's not good enough in the Air to be CH with any of the current CH's (he could play their if the other CH was a bruser mind). Ned in the middle because his vission is fantastic and we will need that skill against Chelseas whose forward line is very fluid. Lescott is our best player at the moment so he stays where he is. The back line needs to be able to go to 3 at the back if we have to chase the game later on to. So Toure/Onohua/Lescott as that line with Bridge pushed up ur subbed.

Hughes Like-For-Like subs just wont do I'm affraid so we need to be able to bring on an attacker for a defender should we fall behind.

The DM needs to be bosted and has to be very solid. For this I'd play Kompany, DeJong and Barry together.

SWP to the bench for me. We really can't afford to give the ball away in our own half and to attack Chelsea we need AMs/Support strikers who can pass 20/30 yards.

Ireland and Robinho were great together last season and the partnership needs to be reinstated. - Tevez/Johno to replace as they tire. They should tire as they should be running all over the shop to get into space when we win the ball. Possibly both. Tevez to pass the ball quicker. He's holding the ball too long and its allowing the opposition to close down his options.

Bellers to replace Ade if Ade becomes Mr Lazy.

The option of RSC and Wiess together must but considered in the 2nd half if we fall behind. RSC is good in the air even though he's not clearly fit enough to do what he used to do on the deck.

I'd play the same against Arse too.

i believe to win we have to play Robbie.. he'll be up for this 1. Ireland SWP pushing up behind Ade and Robbie so

4231 for me and make it an end to end cup final type of game. one that is remembered tellin every player to go ou there and show me what he has!

................Given..................
Ned....Toure....Lescot..Bridge.
...........NDJ...Barry...............
SWP......Ireland.......Robbie
..............Ade................

using Bellars and Tevez as impact subs.... going 4132 dropping whoever is looking more jaded from NDJ or Baz if chasing.. if we play to our strengths and link the passing well there is no reason we cannt out score them at home..

grim up north said:
I think i know where MH goes wrong

He should sort out his tictacs on the psp or x box 360 like all the best know alls on here do it

its simple

I wish he would, rather than mess about with our club.

blue_robb said:
"Great argument for keeping him in. Compare his tactical knowledge to the average Bluemoon users. Brillaint. Why didn't i think of that?"

Petrov on the right and SWP on the left.
Guess that's why we're not drawing £3,000,000 per annum.

Gelson Fernandes, right back.....RSC on the pitch.....You started it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.