Hughes Out Brigade - Tatical Board

"Great argument for keeping him in. Compare his tactical knowledge to the average Bluemoon users. Brillaint. Why didn't i think of that?"

Petrov on the right and SWP on the left.
Guess that's why we're not drawing £3,000,000 per annum.

Rammy Blue said:
was joking mate, would claim it is a clarkie moment but thought my colours of sacking the useless one were firmly nailed to the mast for all to see.

Ahh sorry I did wonder but people (including myself) have been known to sway back and fourth at times! ;)

I will keep it short and sweet. I would play a 4 2 3 1

Given
Zab
Toure
Onuha
Lescott
De Jong
Kompany
Bellamy
Tevez
Robinho
Adebyeor

Tevez and bellamy have to work there socks off and track the runs of the full backs. because that diamond sucks you into the middle. really making it a 4 5 1. The only way you will beat chelsea is to win the strength battle in the midfield area.

Blue Dove said:
I posted this prior to the Liverpool game and got a very poor response from the Outers.
This surprised me as most of them appear to have a tactical background.

I will try again.

Your whole train of thought is flawed.

You don't have to be a great singer to know that Jedward are shit.

I would completely staggered if Mark Hughes wasn't 1000 times a better manager than I could ever be. But he's still crap.

blue_robb said:
"Great argument for keeping him in. Compare his tactical knowledge to the average Bluemoon users. Brillaint. Why didn't i think of that?"

Yes, because having wingers who can cut inside against a team that has CBs two foot bigger than our CF is a bad idea

Damocles said:
blue_robb said:

Yes, because having wingers who can cut inside against a team that has CBs two foot bigger than our CF is a bad idea

Yes because in practice the bad idea is usually illustrated. They were awful taking opposite sides, and yet again does not play to their own strengths.

wilf9 said:
I will keep it short and sweet. I would play a 4 2 3 1

Given
Zab
Toure
Onuha
Lescott
De Jong
Kompany
Bellamy
Tevez
Robinho
Adebyeor

Tevez and bellamy have to work there socks off and track the runs of the full backs. because that diamond sucks you into the middle. really making it a 4 5 1. The only way you will beat chelsea is to win the strength battle in the midfield area.

The problem as I see it with that is the lack of link up between defence and attack. You have a very defensive midfield pairing in De Jong and Kompany, and a very attack minded front 4. But who's going to play the through balls to the front men?

This is where Ireland plays such a brilliant midfield role. He can spot a runner and feeds the front men in a way that Kompany and De Jong never can do. In my view we would struggle to create opportunities with your line up. Bellamy, Tevez and Robinho would keep coming deep to retrieve the ball leaving Adebayor isolated and ineffectual upfront.

I'd rather play Ireland instead of Kompany (in midfield) and I'd push Tevez further upfield and tell him to work close to Adebayor.

But heck, what do I know ;-)

Excellent post, it is easy to complain but offer no solutions

I have always been a Hughes Outer but want what is best for my club, which is success, I admit that the Utd connection is my biggest gripe, I am big enough to be honest about it. I would like him to win me over and his show of passion at Old Trafford almost did, however apart from the way he conducts himself in interviews he is shit.

I think to ask for us "Blue moaners" to select the side and tactics v Chelsea is a tough start, I would prefer my first game in charge to have been the Hull game but here it goes :

Team : Given in goal,
Nedum RB Kompany CB Toure CB Lescott LB
Bellemy RM Barry CM De Jong CM Bridge LM
Teves CF Adebayor CF

Bench : SWP, Ireland, Richards, Robinho, Taylor, Johnson

Tactics : I have picked a strong physical team, with a big solid back 4, Chelsea are a big powerful side and we need to match them in every department all over the pitch. Bridge has the job to stop the marauding runs of Cole. We cannot play high up the field as Drogba and Anelka will run riot. It would not be pretty but the aim would be to stifle and frustrate Chelsea and hold them. We should look to use the channels and especially Bellemy who would be instructed to run at the full back and win as many free kicks in areas where we could use set pieces filling the box with Kolo, Nedum, Lescott and Ade, with Bridge Kompany and De Jong covering any counter attacks. Barry, Bellemy or Teves take set pieces.

Depending on the score the options are to throw on Robinho or SWP to create. The reason I have dropped Ireland, Robinho and SWP for this game, simply not strong enough.

Result 2-O City, Adebayor and Teves

Post Match Interview : I am delighted to be in this new position, it has always been my dream to manage City, it was a piece of piss really, holding on to the lead was no problem we were organised and showed a desire to take all three points. I will take this club forward, Santa Cruz is going straight on the transfer market and any player who is not 100% committed to this club can go.

HAVE I GOT THE JOB ?

Blue Dove said:
badge said:
it is patronising because you're suggesting that none of us are qualified to have an opinion on our manager, unless we have an fa coaching badge or something. i know from watching the game for thirty-five years that this squad of players, the best we have ever assembled, are seriously under achieving and that HAS to be down to the manager.

That doesn't make it patronising.
Challenging is the word I would use.
I have never said you are not allowed an opinion, I love them, but you blame the manager without using your 35 years of watching football to fully explain why.
Of course you don't have to, but it may get your point over and convince others.
But if you just prefer to rant after the game that is your right.
My own opinion is that unless you have played for a teams and had to try and understand how your team mates play and when they make runs, decisions etc, it is hard to understand how difficult it is.
Just a view.

ok, if i must!

we have won only one of our last nine league games. tell me that that's acceptable for a squad comprising the high volume of quality of players that we have. of all the games this season, the only one we have seriously looked superior to the opposition was at home to west ham.
after only thirteen games, we are already eleven points behind the leaders.
swap mark hughes for tony pulis, sam allardyce, alex mcleish, owen coyle, phil brown, gary megson etc etc and i doubt we'd be any worse off. all this crap about preparation, what he does behind the scenes and whatever, means NOTHING! it's all about how good the players are, how they're told to play and, ultimately, whether they truly believe in the manager. i, along with a fair few pundits, believe that we have, possibly, the best squad of players in the league so we know there's nothing wrong with them. that just leaves the manager!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.