"hughes out"

Cheesy said:
bluemoon1078 said:
Are you taking the piss? some started whinging and posting Hughes out threads after 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, after 3 months our league record was...

Played 13
Won 4
Drawn 2
Lost 7
Points 14

Which is pretty shit by any standards :-)

Yeah i know cheesy but it's no time at all to do the job, no matter who would be in charge.

blue jim said:
It does matter fella, who else would replace him? No one would go near us with a barge pole knowing theyd be sacked in a years time, unless its Sven looking for another wage. Hughes has taken us to the next level, a step up from last year. its going to take another 5 years to be at the level we want to be at.

Jim, it doesn't matter because Hughes wasn't an ADUG appointment in the first place.

I'm not sure how he's taken us to another level either. We will definitely finish with less points than last year & probably, IMO, will finish no higher than last year.

bluemoon1078 said:
Cheesy said:
bluemoon1078 said:
Are you taking the piss? some started whinging and posting Hughes out threads after 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, after 3 months our league record was...

Played 13
Won 4
Drawn 2
Lost 7
Points 14

Which is pretty shit by any standards :-)

Yeah i know cheesy but it's no time at all to do the job, no matter who would be in charge.

I know that mate, I was just playing devils advocate. I just don't think he's that good a manager. He did no better than Souness at Blackburn (who everyone thinks is shit) & I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to improve. I did say a while ago that should we make 7th then he probably deserves another season, but that's highly unlikely now. Stability would be great, I've no problem with that argument. However, stability with the right man in charge in the first place is the key.

Cheesy said:
I know that mate, I was just playing devils advocate. I just don't think he's that good a manager. He did no better than Souness at Blackburn (who everyone thinks is shit) & I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to improve. I did say a while ago that should we make 7th then he probably deserves another season, but that's highly unlikely now. Stability would be great, I've no problem with that argument. However, stability with the right man in charge in the first place is the key.

tbh cheesy like most on here i haven't got a clue if he will turn out to be the right man or not (i think he has a chance though), or if Jose would be or anyone else for that matter! I just think we really should give him the chance, in oct/nov if things are no better it would be difficult to make a case for him but i see no harm in giving him until then to have a look. There is always the chance that what they are building will actually come to fruition after the transfer window and a good pre season.

Cheesy said:
blue jim said:
It does matter fella, who else would replace him? No one would go near us with a barge pole knowing theyd be sacked in a years time, unless its Sven looking for another wage. Hughes has taken us to the next level, a step up from last year. its going to take another 5 years to be at the level we want to be at.

Jim, it doesn't matter because Hughes wasn't an ADUG appointment in the first place.

I'm not sure how he's taken us to another level either. We will definitely finish with less points than last year & probably, IMO, will finish no higher than last year.
We've also played a lot more games this season. We're a fitter team and more of a unit, most of our players couldnt do 90 minutes under Svens laxadaisy training.

If anyone thinks ADUG would have got in a better manager than Hughes then theyre mistaken tbh, theyve given him their backing for a reason, it would take a phone call to tell him hes out of a job.

blue jim said:
Cheesy said:
blue jim said:

We've also played a lot more games this season. We're a fitter team and more of a unit, most of our players couldnt do 90 minutes under Svens laxadaisy training.

If anyone thinks ADUG would have got in a better manager than Hughes then theyre mistaken tbh, theyve given him their backing for a reason, it would take a phone call to tell him hes out of a job.

I really haven't seen that much of an improvement in fitness tbh with you. A big improvement in fitness should show up in results & it hasn't.

ADUG had no time to approach anyone else let alone appoint anyone. If they'd have got rid of Hughes straight away then I'd have been pissed off with them! They did say that they would give him a chance, I feel that he's had that chance. If they get rid of him at then end of the season they can rightly point this out.

Cheesy said:
blue jim said:
Cheesy said:
blue jim said:

I really haven't seen that much of an improvement in fitness tbh with you. A big improvement in fitness should show up in results & it hasn't.

ADUG had no time to approach anyone else let alone appoint anyone. If they'd have got rid of Hughes straight away then I'd have been pissed off with them! They did say that they would give him a chance, I feel that he's had that chance. If they get rid of him at then end of the season they can rightly point this out.
Eh so lets forget the class signings he has made, and the vote of confidence he has gotten from the players who dont want to have to work under yet another manager, and say Hughes is shit and should be sacked.

I hear Sam Allardyce would be available to leave Blackburn for us. The only manager in the league I would take over Hughes is O'Neil and thats not gonna happen.

Come on then who do you want????

Mourinho - no chance, and that's all I'm prepared to consider as a replacement.

Look at fat sam, did a job at bolton - now having serious trouble at clubs since
Spurs - Harry Rednapp, got off to a flying start now not so sure
Phil Brown - this years Sven, blinding start but now facing relegation

look into europe, but personally no. this is the ENGLISH premier league.

Call me the ultimate optimist, but there's a few points I'm not prepared to waver on:
1. yes he's a previous red, I don't care
2. we've not had a start like last season, we're also having a better finish than last leason.
3. spent a load of money, in this present day it takes more
4. time, need it - stop being so f*ckin impatient!

I pay money season after season and I see the owner, chairman, manager, coaching staff, laying a foundation to build on.

Having been a city fan for 25 years I can't help but see our current set-up as something to get very excited about. Anyone disagree with me?????

blue jim said:
Eh so lets forget the class signings he has made, and the vote of confidence he has gotten from the players who dont want to have to work under yet another manager, and say Hughes is shit and should be sacked.

I hear Sam Allardyce would be available to leave Blackburn for us. The only manager in the league I would take over Hughes is O'Neil and thats not gonna happen.

By & large his signings have been good, I've no problem saying that at all & credit where it's due. If managing was only about recognising good players then Hughes would be a decent manager. But it isn't.

I don't think it matters a jot what the players say tbh with you. All players support their manager in public. The real test as to what players think of their manager is how they perform as a team and overall this season that hasn't been that good.

Job_Dunne said:
Come on then who do you want????

Spurs - Harry Rednapp, got off to a flying start now not so sure

Having been a city fan for 25 years I can't help but see our current set-up as something to get very excited about. Anyone disagree with me?????

When Rednapp took over they were bottom of the league... now they're above us and beat us at Eastlands.

I don't disgree with you apart from the fact we need an experienced, succesfull winning manager to put these things in place, something hughes is not!!

So lets just get Rijkaard in and have done with it, give him 3 years as a minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.